it rained really hard and i had a leak. from the heater box i think.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on it rained really hard and i had a leak. from the heater box i think. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so we had a bit of a rainstorm, like 4 inches in a little under 30 minutes. it really pounded ...

it rained really hard and i had a leak. from the heater box i think.

so we had a bit of a rainstorm, like 4 inches in a little under 30 minutes. it really pounded the area. crops are down, rivers are up and angry, and my passenger floorboard is soaked. a quick look found a drip on the heater box next to the fan area. could there be enough water coming in thru the fresh air vent to cause that? or should i be looking at taking it back to the guy who put in my windsheild a while ago...hey you missed a spot. ideas?
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Before reading your whole post my first thought was to suggest you tape your windshield and find another storm to test.

Since you've had the windshield changed start there.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You could also go to a place with a power washer, use the milder settings and have someone sit inside and go from windshield to each other windows one by one until you you have checked them all.
    I did this with my brothers 88 Monte Carlo and his 95 Honda Accord. Once we found leak we sealed it with silicone rtv from Home Depot. You could also do it with a garden hose with a sprayer head.
    You can also fold and place paper towers at window and floor to check for drips and to see where water is coming from.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

thanks SD, townline. i just ran some time over the car at the car wash. using the wand just cant dump the amount of water it did yesterday and thursday...so thats good i guess. and its weird! i have put some nasty weather over that new window and its never leaked a drop.it was just a freakishly heavy dump storm, might have just as easily parked under water lol. the weird part is(and its a good thing i guess, because my ecu is totally dry as is under the carpet.) it didnt leak much. the only water i found not on my weathertech mat or on the carpet was a small drip on the left front corner of the blower fan making me think it was coming in through the fresh air vent of the hvac. a little over a year ago i took off the wipers and the cover just to see what i could find and wound up dynomating the inside. that didnt cause anything either, i left all the vent holes open.

like so. i dunno its weird. just glad it isnt the heater core going bad. Realllllly glad lol
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like you have covered the bases. It's funny because I was thinking about that seal at base of wipers to the hood. The Dynamat should work. You have probly done this already but check the seals in windows and doors.
    I have also seen leaks in the top and bottom corners of both windshields in some cars. I take the RTV111 clear and put some in all 4 corners. Never hurts with older seals. I'm hoping it's just a fluke thing.
    My 04 WRX would leak a tiny bit around the moonroof, but only when we got heavy snow weird.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.