P0700 and P1714 NEED HELP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on P0700 and P1714 NEED HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Morning everyone, my girls 05' 25RS just threw a CEL and cruise and At oil temp lights are flashing. I ...

P0700 and P1714 NEED HELP

Morning everyone, my girls 05' 25RS just threw a CEL and cruise and At oil temp lights are flashing. I know the cruise has been disabled due to the cel and I'm not exactly sure why the at oil temp is flashing. The codes are P0700 and P1714. From what I read online, the 0700 is caused by the 1714 and the 1714 is caused by the accelerator pedal. Can anyone tell more more about this/these codes?? Not quite sure what to get and fix here.

Any info is appreciated.
    Chris
    238 whp on stock turbo - Stage 2
    05 l WRB l WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Now when I turned on the car, only the cruise is blinking. No at oil temp.
    Chris
    05 l WRB l WRX

Have you found and inspected your throttle position sensor?
    David - '05 WRX

Not yet... Gonna do that tomorrow morning and most likely take it to a shop to replace it, hopefully... From what I've read, that's the cause of the P1714...
    Chris
    05 l WRB l WRX

Looked at it this morning. It wasn't loose or anything that I can see, but I replaced it anyway. Drove it to the shop. They told me that won't turn off on its own so they are going plug it in and make sure the tps I replaced is good and if so, reset the computer. Hopefully that's all it is.
    Chris
    05 l WRB l WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.