Blowing up parts? 2002 wrx. ...bov? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Blowing up parts? 2002 wrx. ...bov? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by drumbeat how will I learn if I never try. You have a point, and I admire your ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by drumbeat View Post
    how will I learn if I never try.
    You have a point, and I admire your persistence. I wish you the best.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Removed the intercooler and Bov checked all lines seals and main components. what do I look for on the bov? Everything else looks great so if it's not bov I'm going for sensors

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Removed the intercooler and Bov checked all lines seals and main components. what do I look for on the bov? Everything else looks great so if it's not bov I'm going for sensors
    First look for if it is a stock BPV. Since it isn't, by far the best thing to do is to get one and sell that for a profit.

Otherwise, find the manufacturer's instructions on how to set the one you have properly and replace that gasket from the dealer. Be careful it is going in aluminum threads there IIRC and they will strip easily. It has to be adjusted correctly or you will have issues like that you describe - they aren't just put on and go. It looks like that model if it is "RS" can be set for recirc. which would be preferable and as good or better than stock in all regards. If they chose to plumb it like that, and got 225K out of the car, it makes me think it might not be so shady.

Are you getting compressor surge? You can listen to it on youtube.

Thanks for your interest in GReddy Products
    The top nipple on the top section will connect to your intake manifold (so it reads both vacuum and pressure and does not get bled off to anything) While the lower fitting is a vent for the internal diaphragm This one should be left open and not connected to anything.
    Make sure when you adjust the stiffness of the valve that you first loosen the lock nut before you adjust the set screw. Adjustment will very from car to car, so you need to use trail and error. Generally you want to valve as tight as possible, without getting any compressor surge. You don't want it too loose or it can open too early and you will loose boost. The valve should make one clean blowing sound, it should not stutter. It should also not open before the throttle is shut.
    http://www.greddy.com/upload/file/11599501_bi.pdf

What else do you know about the setup on the car. If very little, pictures of various components would help. Does it have an MBC?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Wow. That very factory timc hose looks like my brothers. Picked up a lot of boost after it was fixed haha
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Right now all my leaks are being sealed with thermal tape till the first whoever owned it before me haphazardly upgraded a few things but didn't go all the way 18g turbo for some reason a front mount oil cooler crappy unclamped hoses very sloppy and being my first tuner (always had classic American muscle before) it has me a little confused but I'm figuring it out

Would love to get a hold of a service manual

Right now all my leaks are being sealed with thermal tape till the first whoever owned it before me haphazardly upgraded a few things but didn't go all the way 18g turbo for some reason a front mount oil cooler crappy unclamped hoses very sloppy and being my first tuner (always had classic American muscle before) it has me a little confused but I'm figuring it out
    Understand that. I had been driving a overly modified camaro as my only car for 17 years. I can still pick jets out of my tackle box of extra parts to tune a edelbrock carb mostly with just my ear and a vacuum gauge/timing light. There are service manuals online free for download. I can't remember the sight but maybe one of the veteran members or mods have a link. I can look it up in a bit when I get to my laptop...I can't link on mah phone lol
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    I got it six months ago with 225k miles and a really shady aftermarket setup

Here are the manuals though. Good luck! http://ken-gilbert.com/impreza-manuals
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

wastegate solenoid is bad need to find one after replacing the y pipe and vacuum lines it led me to the wastegate hoping problems end there

I Support ClubWRX
    I know you have taken the BOV off and checked it, but have you tried putting the bypass valve on and driving it like that? All the advice I can give you is to keep the BOV off the car and put the bypass valve on and try driving the car like that. Nothing good (performance wise) can come from a BOV. I do want a BOV, but will never get one because of the issues. The 2002 WRX's are very sensative and I especially wouldn't put one on your car. Hope everything works out well.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

actually couldn't pick up the bpv still running with the bov which seems to be alright now that I tweaked it and replaced the y pipe with an aluminum setup and popped on some vacuum lines but now it's throwing a code for the turbo wastegate solenoid the boys down at the rally shop said could also be my stock boost controller but I dunno how to test that

I Support ClubWRX
    What code was it?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

P0244

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12