Stock Exhaust Rattle
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock Exhaust Rattle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Figured I would ask to see if anyone would be able to help me. I have a 100% stock 2014 ...

Stock Exhaust Rattle

Figured I would ask to see if anyone would be able to help me. I have a 100% stock 2014 wrx with only 2850 miles. Out of the blue the left side of the exhaust starts rattling and eventually stops. It happens randomly. It's quite noticeable if you're near the rear of the car. If you hold onto the tip of the exhaust it does stop as well. I could understand if I had a cat back or messed with the exhaust at all but its all stock and untouched. So if anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
    2014 DGM Sedan

Stink Eye Mob #228

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Have you checked the exhaust hangers and all the bolts & whatnot?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I honestly should have but I do not know what to look for.. would something be shifted or something like that?
    2014 DGM Sedan

Stink Eye Mob #228

Just went out to my car everything looks fine underneath? I couldn't tell you if it was out of place..
    2014 DGM Sedan

Stink Eye Mob #228

I Support ClubWRX
    Take it to the dealer. You probably have a loose exhaust bolt on one of the flanges.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Thanks for the help guys!(and gal) I'll take it in next week and see if they can find anything.
    2014 DGM Sedan

Stink Eye Mob #228

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.