I Apologize ahead of time,, self intro and question all in one haha
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I Apologize ahead of time,, self intro and question all in one haha within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ill make this part short as its in the wrong section: Hi, I'm Nick, this is my first post. Im ...

I Apologize ahead of time,, self intro and question all in one haha

Ill make this part short as its in the wrong section:
    Hi, I'm Nick, this is my first post. Im buying my first Subie in literally a couple hours. Picked up a 2007 WRX TR from a dealer, BONE STOCK!! So excited!

Heres my question. I just spent an hour on the "what kind of oil" thread. Lots of great information and points. Ive been using Valvoline since i bought my first car when I was 16. Ran synpower in my Talon TSi, Capri xr2, and valvoline max-life in my explorer, dakota, grand am, corolla, and amigo. I don't mean to open up a whole new can of worms, but is there any reason I shouldn't be using synpower in the wrx? I still need to research the filter thread but I truthfully have never had a problem with k&n or bosch filters. Normally I run 1qt of lucas oil stabilizer in each oil change as well just for added protection and peace of mind. I know that the choice of oil in completely up to me and based on my research and opinions, however if theres any reason synpower and lucas is a bad idea, I need to know before 3pm. The dealer changed the oil 3 days ago but I don't trust what they had put in it. So, as soon as I pick it up, its getting an oil change, new air filter, and a good clay bar/wax (just to say I did).

So far i LOVE this forum. Everyone here seems to be a lot like me.. Crude senses of humor, unlimited sarcasm, good information, and a seemingly friendly atmosphere.. That and we all have the same boxer fetish haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If the oil meets the manufacturer requirements outlined in the owner's manual, it should be just fine.

The filter is a little more touchy, since Subaru uses a different bypass spring pressure than most aftermarket filters. I would go with either the OEM filter, WIX, or Pure One. Those are the only ones I can think of of the top of my head that have close to the correct bypass pressure.

I Support ClubWRX
    Leave their oil in. If it's from the dealer, it should be subaru spec. No reason to blow 80 bucks.

I always used k&n oil filters. Only blew my engine once, but that's from 475whp on a stock engine. Nothing to do with the oil filter
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.