All Windows Stopped Working

This is a discussion on All Windows Stopped Working within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I drive an '03 Impreza WRX, sedan. Yesterday I took it to a guy to try and change some of ...

All Windows Stopped Working

I drive an '03 Impreza WRX, sedan. Yesterday I took it to a guy to try and change some of my emissions codes in my computer so that it'll pass the state emissions test. According to him, he could only read what was on my computer, so he didnt write any data to it. Before he could read my computer he plugged in a couple wires down by where the driver's feet are. He undid the wires that he plugged in and unplugged his computer when he was done. On my way home I noticed that none of my windows will roll up or down. I don't hear any clicking noises. I cant find any fuses that could have been blown. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was surprised to learn that the ECU tracks the positions of many switches in the car (it keeps track of the humidifier and temperature controls, for instance- I would have thought that this was a separate system); I wonder if the windows run on an independent circuit.

Dumb questions:
    Have you looked at both the under-hood and behind the drawer on the outer-drivers side of the car sets of fuses?

There is a single breaker which handles all of the windows under the hood, apparently:
    Power Window Motor Fuse - NASIOC
    2002 Impreza Power Window Fuse Location - NASIOC
    is this breaker open?

Do all of your window switches not work, or only from the drivers door?
    David - '05 WRX