Subaru WRX Forum banner

2014 wrx low rpm chugging

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  cogito 
#1 ·
hello everyone, i have a 2014 wrx with 15k miles on it. ever since i have bought this car new from the dealer i have had problem with low speed low rpm chugging when im driving in traffic. ill be driving slow in traffic and at around 2k-2.5k rpm my car starts chugging so i have to press the clutch again. this only happens sometimes. Also last night my check engine light came on and the cruise control light is blinking......I am taking the car in to the dealership tomorrow but last time i told them about the chugging they said it might be because my clutch is breaking in?? Ive had three cars before they were all manuals and this never happened before( 2000 civic si, 2005 s2k) anyone else have this problem before?:confused:

Thank you,

#5 ·
This problem all comes down to drivability...most cars in stock form have OK drivability, but a modded car usually dwindles as more mods are added.

It almost drives like it has a mildly aggressive cam in it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.