Hi guys. Seems since I got my 07' WRX I've had nothing but issues with getting it running right ;-) Besides the codes and symptoms listed below, overall drivabiliy is still good, but lack of power seems evident; however, I am not sure how things should feel since I've never had the car running perfect since I bought it a month ago. Looking to confirm I have the correct order of attack on these symptoms codes and possible causes. Also hoping I have no false leads.
I'm having symptoms exactly the same as the following thread (Weird Clicking Sound). Basically sounds like a card clicking through bicycle spokes, but louder, on 20MPH decel. Most reproducible in 2nd gear.
Also some codes...P0303 (only ever threw it once after a very warm start leaving from the local store) and P0021/P0011 (three different times on the highway at 60 MPH towards the end of a long hard drive). I also have a chirp/squeek when A/C is enguaged.
I'm taking it to the dealer for the following tomorrow:
- Fully inspect AVCS system, if not already, remove screens as per the bulletin (P0021 and P0011 codes)
- Inspect timing belt, pullies, tensioners. Replace as needed (for weird clicking, also could be related to P0021 and P0011 codes)
- Price out parts needed to go back to stock intake setup (MAF is not scaled - and I'm not wanting to battle tune issues and other issues at the same time)
- Inspect accessory belt, pullies, tensioners. Replace as needed (for chirp/squeek when A/C is engaged)
- Inspect / test ignition components including coil packs / wires / spark plugs (P0303)
Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions...other things I should be looking into.