Fumoto valve
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fumoto valve within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi folks, Any WRX owners have any experience with the Fumoto valve? I recently ordered a fumoto valve that will ...

I Support ClubWRX

Fumoto valve

Hi folks,

Any WRX owners have any experience with the Fumoto valve?

I recently ordered a fumoto valve that will fit my 09. I am gonna be brave and install it with my upcoming oil change.

Im just scared its gonna leak on me. I am getting the Fumoto brand valve. There are knock offs out there...but I avoided those.

Just wondering if there are any guys running these and how your experience has been??

Cheers,

Blammo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Mine has not leaked. I've had it for many years.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    thanks man! good to know.

I was hesitant...but the forged brass/stainless steel construction made me think it could work. thanks for confirming.

Blammo

I Support ClubWRX
    also...I don't know if the valve comes shipped with a washer.

I suppose the crush washers that will come with my oil filters will suffice? or do I need to use some sort of special washer?

I guess my question is...will the regular crush washers work with the fumoto? What do you use?

As well...with the fumoto on there...how long can that washer last? I suppose years upon years...or do you remove the valve after so many oil changes to inspect it etc?

I Support ClubWRX

Fumoto valve

It comes with a washer, I think nylon. If there is no leak there is nothing to inspect. If there should be a leak only then replace the washer -- just like any other washer.

My best car is a Honda. It required an extension for the Fumoto. After four years the nylon washer between the valve and the extension started seeping. Nothing major. I took off the extension and valve, will get replacement washers, and reinstall whenever.

If the newer Subaru doesn't need an extension that's one less washer to fail. The Fumoto on my Subaru is fine.

I'd recommend Fumoto. Check it routinely and it'll be fine.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I've also used one for years on my 2011 WRX. No leak issues. It makes oil changes a snap with a piece of fuel line to drain the oil right down into the oil catcher at the auto shop on base.

I Support ClubWRX
    This is great guys!!!!

Thanks a lot for the responses!!! I hope to receive my valve, oil filters, motor oil and gear oil by Friday. Gonna be a good weekend for subie!

Cheers

I Support ClubWRX
    Had Fumoto valves on all my cars at one time. Made oil changes a snap and never leaked. Was to lazy to remove them when they were sold. One of my favorite mods!
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello guys...

I guess I wanted to add to this thread...

I performed my oil change 3 days ago...(ENEOS 5W30 FTW of course...that's just me though) and replaced my drain plug with a FUMOTO (no nipple) valve. It did indeed come with a blue nylon washer. I suppose it could be Teflon too. Not sure.

I have no leaks at all. Hope it lasts. Seems like a good solid product.

Hey where did you buy this valve? I am interested! I am checking them out now on the fumoto website.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Several years ago I had an issue with my stock drain plug leaking. I replaced it with a Fumoto valve and haven't had a leak since.

I bought one yesterday. I am going to put it on next time I change my oil! Pretty excited about this!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    I recently installed the Fumoto valves on both the WRX & the XT. So far so good. Looks like a very well made product.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I recently installed the Fumoto valves on both the WRX & the XT. So far so good. Looks like a very well made product.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Yep!!!

Gotta agree. Its been a week or so now, checked everything out today while performing transmission oil change. No leakage of any kind.

I am excited to perform my next oil change. Today I felt like changing oil just to see how much easier it could be. There is still the oil filter however, that is a dirty job still.

Cheers

Would love to install this but I don't like the fact that it doesn't drain all the oil out due to the thread sticking out higher in the drain pan. Meaning if you were to take this valve off after all the oil has drained, more oil will come out. Some users had success machining 2mm of the thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.