Power steering grinding noise, 2002 wrx

This is a discussion on Power steering grinding noise, 2002 wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Replaced my radiator after it took a sh*t on me, drove the car to work this morning, on the way ...

Replaced my radiator after it took a sh*t on me, drove the car to work this morning, on the way home about an hour ago there was instantaneously a noise after starting the car that got louder the more I turned. This sound was consistent the whole way home, then went to check it out with my buddy and it disappeared for 10 seconds after turning the car on. It started up again. Could replacing the fluid fix this or is it something worse? I don't know if the new radiator could have anything to do with it, any help is appreciated as this is my only means of transportation. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

One way replacing the rad might have been related to this is that the low pressure side power steering hose rooted at the PS reservoir is sometimes in the way to lift the rad out of the car.

Check to see you didn't disturb that OS hose and cause a leak.

Otherwise, is the belt new and authentic and at the correct tension?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I checked the hose, and it is oddly folded per say or crimped could be a better word, he sound went away as I moved it. The hose is definitely in need of replacement, gonna change it today and see what happens

Temporarily took the intake ran off and it runs fine in the mean time while Subaru orders the hose for me