clicking noise while low speed/high gear

This is a discussion on clicking noise while low speed/high gear within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2015 wrx still launch edition 2mons since purchase No mods No check engine When I downshift and go around a ...

clicking noise while low speed/high gear

2015 wrx still launch edition
    2mons since purchase
    No mods
    No check engine

When I downshift and go around a turn I'll hear a clicking noise, almost like the crankshaft is making noise. I can reproduce this consistently by going slow in a high gear. Its not the shudders - when you need to downshift because you're in too high a gear - but a different noise. Sort of like when you crank a lawn mower but it doesnt start. This started a few days ago.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by heckishfire View Post
    2015 wrx still launch edition
    2mons since purchase
    No mods
    No check engine

When I downshift and go around a turn I'll hear a clicking noise, almost like the crankshaft is making noise. I can reproduce this consistently by going slow in a high gear. Its not the shudders - when you need to downshift because you're in too high a gear - but a different noise. Sort of like when you crank a lawn mower but it doesnt start. This started a few days ago.
    take it to the dealership?

Yep already have an appointment in a few days..curious if anyone else has experienced the same thing.