2012 WRX strong jerkings between 2000 and 3000 rpm

This is a discussion on 2012 WRX strong jerkings between 2000 and 3000 rpm within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I was wondering if you can help me out with this problem that is driving me nuts. Lately, ...

2012 WRX strong jerkings between 2000 and 3000 rpm

Hey guys, I was wondering if you can help me out with this problem that is driving me nuts. Lately, especially the last month, the my car will start to jerk back and forth, very annoyingly like if is something is clogging the fueling system or i don't know what. The first two gears are the most noticeable and most annoying because when i need to cruise getting inside my parking lot, I feel i have to tap the throttle very gently if not it will jerk back and forth until i put in neutral and late ride out. Plus at times at letting it out the rpm's ride so low that it almost shuts off by itself. Is it the fuel injectors? Vacuum Leak? Spark Plugs? I have no mods in the car, only the nameless axleback, that is it,no tune, no cobb, no intake, not yet, because I want to take of this problem first. Any suggestions would be appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Isn't your car still under warranty?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yea it is and I took it and they did some intake/throttle body cleaning service where they charged me 130 bucks and it still runs the same. The mechanic was trying to blame my driving saying that I have to drive it more aggressive but I am not going to be driving my car inside my parking lot at 4000 rmp's till my next shift point. I usually notice that moderate cruising is between 2 to 3 k, now if I want boost to kick in and run it hard I understand but I feel like they don't want to help me or uncover what is really going on. Plus the thing is sporadic and it comes when it wants too, but i have a daily experience with this problem.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismang View Post
    Yea it is and I took it and they did some intake/throttle body cleaning service where they charged me 130 bucks and it still runs the same. The mechanic was trying to blame my driving saying that I have to drive it more aggressive but I am not going to be driving my car inside my parking lot at 4000 rmp's till my next shift point. I usually notice that moderate cruising is between 2 to 3 k, now if I want boost to kick in and run it hard I understand but I feel like they don't want to help me or uncover what is really going on. Plus the thing is sporadic and it comes when it wants too, but i have a daily experience with this problem.
    Escalate your warranty claim as directed in the owner's manual until it is resolved by Subaru at no cost to you. Blaming the owner isn't the way for Subaru to handle warranty claims.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.