Anyone know what this resistor is for?

This is a discussion on Anyone know what this resistor is for? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, Noticed this resistor the other day on one of the connectors. It's on my 2005 wrx. The sensor ...

Anyone know what this resistor is for?

Hey all,

Noticed this resistor the other day on one of the connectors. It's on my 2005 wrx. The sensor is located on the passenger side, right next to where my front o2 sensor connects. Anyone have any idea what it's for? or what sensor it's on? Thanks for any input

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you bought the car used and the car has been modified, the resistor may be to eliminate the CEL that would be generated by missing the cat in the up pipe.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks for the quick response! I did purchase it used and modified. It has a full tbe and I was told that it's catless. Is that resistor trick pretty common for a catless up pipe?

I Support ClubWRX
    That is, in fact, the EGT connector; as SD mentioned, the resistor is used to eliminate the DTC from removing the sensor from the uppipe (common with a catless version). It's common.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thank you!

I'm trying to backtrack the mods done to my car and I feel like pulling my hair out sometimes. First time owner of a Wrx, let alone a boosted vehicle so I have a lot of learning to do.

I appreciate the help.