Front End Clunking
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Front End Clunking within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I developed an issue where I would hear a clunking noise from the front end when I would go ...

I Support ClubWRX

Front End Clunking

So I developed an issue where I would hear a clunking noise from the front end when I would go over bumps, especially when one wheel would go over and the other wouldn't. Based on this, I assumed it was an endlink issue. I have RalliTek sway bars and endlinks. I checked the endlinks and they were fine and then I checked the ball joints, tie rods, etc. with no luck. After talking to LIC Motorsports, they suggested checking the bushings for the sway bars. Bingo!

You can see that the bushings are totally worn out, allowing play for the sway bar:

Replacements:

This post is just for anyone that has a similar issue in the future. I learned that you have to grease these bushings much more often than I thought, especially in harsh winter environments. The rep told me to do it every 6 months.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for posting!
    '02 WRX Wagon
    RCE wagon springs
    Koni inserts
    Com-C Top Mounts
    Kartboy Endlinks
    Sedan rear swaybar
    Others little stuff

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks. I almost bought new endlinks to fix it. That would have been a total waste and wouldn't have fixed the issue. I am just trying to save someone from doing that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.