low beam headlights wont turn off! please help!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on low beam headlights wont turn off! please help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; okay so I have 2012 wrx. and last night out of the blue I go to turn off my headlights ...

low beam headlights wont turn off! please help!

okay so I have 2012 wrx. and last night out of the blue I go to turn off my headlights and they wont shut off. I messed around Flipping the high beams on and off and flipping the on off switch back an forth and they finally shut off. I go inside. come back out 30 minutes later and my low beams are back on again. when I get home I cant get them to shut off at all.

I will make note I had aftermarket hids installed a month aho....but everything has worked just fine until last night. buy if anyone could please help me I dont know what to do. everything I find online is for the pre 08 wrx that had switch on steering wheel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do you mean that even with the power off (engine off, keys out) the lights stay on?

If that is the case, maybe you have a relay stuck on? Perhaps the relay needs good ground connections in order to shut off, so check over all of the ground wires in the installation to make sure they've got good contact (maybe use a multimeter) too.
    David - '05 WRX

yes even with lights off and key out the low beams stay on.... Just happened out of the blue.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.