please help diagnose my clutch issue?

This is a discussion on please help diagnose my clutch issue? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had my engine rebuilt and a new clutch put in about a month ago. things seemed to be fine ...

Exclamation please help diagnose my clutch issue?

I had my engine rebuilt and a new clutch put in about a month ago. things seemed to be fine till now. I have been driving my car very gentle as this is what the rebuilt motor guidelines say for breaking in. but last week I was driving normal and when I went to push the clutch in from first to second gear I gear I heard a loud clanking sound. It was more than just one sound. it sounded like something spinning and then hitting something to slow it down. I know that is not the best explanation, But its hard to describe. So I drove it normal after and can hear the sound only when switching gears from first to second, Or second to third. Nothing from third to fourth. My car is a 2009 Subaru WRX the 225 model. I have to drive 3 hours to work on Sunday night and I am worried that something might break on my way to work. The shop is closed that did the rebuild. Has anyone else experienced this same kind of noise?
    It also seems the faster I push in the clutch the louder it is. If I drive it while pushing in the clutch very slow then ?I don't hear it. It is only when I push the clutch in fast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the noise could be the "fingers" on the pressure plate.
    sometimes the come off and fly around. I'd definitely have the shop that did the clutch work look at it.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build