autometer ultra lite pyrometer flaked out, considering a upgrade.

This is a discussion on autometer ultra lite pyrometer flaked out, considering a upgrade. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; a few days ago my procomp ultralight pyro gauge started to flake out and bounce all over the place. its ...

autometer ultra lite pyrometer flaked out, considering a upgrade.

a few days ago my procomp ultralight pyro gauge started to flake out and bounce all over the place. its only 6ish months old and the place i bought it from is good swapping it for a new which is cool. my current gauge has a max temp of 1600f and thats great for a stock tune, but with romraider nearly debugged and me wondering if im going s1 or s2 or one then the other should i be considering a deeper gauge? i see two that max out at 2k. that 6545 procomp ultralite looks cool too.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you have the opportunity to get a higher-reading gauge, do it.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Only megan offers anything above 1600F, and at 2200F it's about perfect for our cars, it's just tough for me to back up the brand with much other than to say I have one and it works, but it is not a brand I'd usually recommend... unfortunately, they are the only brand with a pyrometer that measures as hot as our downpipes can conceivably become. It looks ok, and is relatively accurate when compared to the shop probe.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0
    Only megan offers anything above 1600F, and at 2200F it's about perfect for our cars, it's just tough for me to back up the brand with much other than to say I have one and it works, but it is not a brand I'd usually recommend... unfortunately, they are the only brand with a pyrometer that measures as hot as our downpipes can conceivably become. It looks ok, and is relatively accurate when compared to the shop probe.
    Interesting...

Ignore the warning markers on Boost / Temp; in adjusting the gauges for the pic, they got modified (plus camera angle doesn't help).

EGT should be in the exhaust manifold for useful readings, anyway, not the downpipe.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Interesting...

Ignore the warning markers on Boost / Temp; in adjusting the gauges for the pic, they got modified (plus camera angle doesn't help).

EGT should be in the exhaust manifold for useful readings, anyway, not the downpipe.
    Matty...are those your gauges? SEXXXAYY!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi
    Matty...are those your gauges? SEXXXAYY!!!
    Some of them. You can have gauges as sexy as mine if you ask me nicely...

UNYSOC

Oh hell. Those Are sexy! Also leads me to ask.....who knows just how many gauges ej has in his car lol. It should be a club vote haha. My pyrometer thermocouple is installed right in the little casting spot on the left exhaust manifold. I hope that my new gauge( because I'll be having a higher temp one) has the same mount. I don't want to drill/tap/remount that again as well as reroute the sensor wire too. Super thanks too. Its kinda handy it died now so I can upgrade, right before I get tuning or tuned...or both lol.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html