2005 WRX Fluid change
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX Fluid change within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just purchased a 2005 wrx wagon and the dealer told me to change the transmission fluid. Are there any ...

2005 WRX Fluid change

I just purchased a 2005 wrx wagon and the dealer told me to change the transmission fluid. Are there any suggestions to which fluids I should use when changing them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Subaru 75W90 Extra-S Gear

I Support ClubWRX
    Search Search Search hurry up and search

DIY: Transmission Fluid Change

Subaru Extra-S Factory Transmission Fluid you may need the torx bit for the 2005 but they site has it as a set. I would also get a funnel and some hose I forget the diameter I can check when I get back home. You may be able to get a hose around the intercooler without taking it off and if you feed enough down into the tranny so it wont fall out.

DIY: Rear Differential Fluid Change
    you can use a 1/2in breaker bar or get the bit up to you KTC 13mm Differential Socket AC301-13 - Ultimatetoolco.com
    Last edited by cflip2x; 06-06-2014 at 05:47 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Here is the 13mm bung tool I used - worked GREAT:

Amazon.com: Tool connection 1578 Drain Plug Key - 8/13mm Sq. ( Laser ): Home Improvement

If you need a T-70, this is what I used for the tranny:

Powerbuilt 940363 1/2-Inch Drive T-70 Bit Socket - - Amazon.com

As for fluid I use and recommend Amsoil 75W-110 in both front and rear:

AMSOIL Severe Gear® 75W-110

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.