VF52 Turbo oil feed stainless steel replacement
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on VF52 Turbo oil feed stainless steel replacement within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi All, I acquired a 2011 WRX last December and since then I've had the turbo oil feed line crack ...

VF52 Turbo oil feed stainless steel replacement

Hi All,

I acquired a 2011 WRX last December and since then I've had the turbo oil feed line crack on me twice. I don't tamper with the turbo nor have I've done any performance upgrades.

The previous owner installed a tsudo 3" down pipe and flashed it to stage 2 but said he never had any issues. I'm not sure if I still believe that but regardless, I am trying to correct this issue. The car currently is in the same state that I bought it in.

I've done some research and found these two options as a stainless steel replacement to the poor quality OEM feed line that will fit the stock IHI VF52 turbo.

Turbo Oil Feed Line SUBARU AVCS IHI VF40 VF46 VF52
    P&L Motorsports Turbo Oil Feed Line | P&L MotorsportsP&L Motorsports

Does anyone have experience with either one of these options or know of another reliable and solid solution?

Thank you in advance for your input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't see you going wrong with any of these. Personally I like to stay with oem parts with things like this.
    Having that line crack twice sounds a bit strange, I'd like to know why it keeps cracking. But if the previous owner is being truthful and all it had was the downpipe that wouldn't cause it unless he was banging on the pipe with a ratchet or wrench. You don't need to touch the turbo other then removing some bolts on the downpipe

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Nsibanez, thank you for your input. I certainly agree with your take on OEM parts and I took that route the first time it cracked. But after having the second one crack under 600 miles leaves me to believe this part is just poorly made. Rather than taking a chance with a third OEM part, I want to get something I do not need to worry about for the rest of my ownership of this car.

I emailed each manufacturer and am waiting on a reply about the computability of both lines.

That's definitely understandable. Hope whichever one you go with works out this time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.