No boost
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on No boost within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2003 wrx, no mods.Has 104000 miles. Didn't come with a boost gauge, I finally installed one and ...

No boost

I have a 2003 wrx, no mods.Has 104000 miles.
    Didn't come with a boost gauge, I finally installed one and I am pushing 5 psi in 3rd 6500 rpm. Cruzing around it fluctuates from -25 thru 1 psi and in idle I got constant -20 for vacuum. Does anyone have any insight on this issue?
    What I have tried so far is check intercooler boots they were good, throttle coupler, replace boost controller vacuum lines and all vacuum lines, replace bpv gasket, checked intercooler for cracks, replace throttle gasket.. Could it be The intake manifold and tgv gaskets need to be replace? Or bad turbo? Also white smoke comes out from under the turbo area every once in awhile, got a tear in post maf hose (part on order)and engine sounds like a old school sewing machine..are these related to the problem?? Is there any test I showed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Pressure/smoke test the car to check for leaks
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Pressure/smoke test the car to check for leaks

super this^

say, when you were replacing the vacuum lines on the turbo....you replaced the line that had the boost pill in it with another one or transferred the pill into the new line yes?
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Got the boost leak tester in today. So I just need to plug up all the turbo inlet holes, is the anything else?

Ya I just transferred the pill.

I Support ClubWRX
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.