2015 WRX Check Engine Light
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Check Engine Light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, where do I begin? I am driving my WRX pretty cautiously (Not going over 4000 RPM) and enjoying my ...

2015 WRX Check Engine Light

So, where do I begin? I am driving my WRX pretty cautiously (Not going over 4000 RPM) and enjoying my new car, when around 700 miles hits my check engine light comes on with a blinking cruise control light. I figured I didn't screw on my gas cap tight enough because after all, I am a chick and I talk on the phone and text with my girlfriends while doing such chores. So no big deal. After a few days, the check engine light goes off, bingo! WRONG! The very next day, the light came back on again, so my husband scheduled my car to go in and get it checked. I also had them install a new exhaust on it while it was in there. They call me later that afternoon and tell me that a weird code, (Code P2610) was coming up and it had to do with the ECM. They said they were very concerned and Subaru said it was very serious. They had a Subi engineer drive a few hundred miles to collect data and figure out what was wrong with the vehicle. They called Japan on Friday, and supposedly had a new ECM overnighted to them so they can have it installed and ready to go on Tuesday. Tuesday rolls around and I call to check on the status and they tell me they overreacted and that they were not going to install a new ECM and that Japan told them that it was just a glitch in the computer and I will be fine. They told me I could come pick up my car on wednesday. I was enraged, so I wrote a letter to Subaru of America expressing my safety concerns, and letting them know I was not going to be their crash test dummy. They responded and were very concerned but yet reassured me I was in good hands and was being taken care of my their Fuji Manufacturer and Subaru's engineers. I agreed to get the car and be on my way. They also offered to make my car payment for me for the inconvenience. I picked up the car today, signed my paper work and took off. I was 3 miles from the dealership on the freeway when my check engine light came on and my car just started shutting down. I was in the fast lane and almost got hit by the guy behind me. My car started to decelerate, and my RPMS were teeter tottering from 2.5 -4.5 RPMS like crazy. I turned my emergency flashers on and tried to get off the freeway but right where the next exit was, was a merging lane from where another freeway connects so I almost got hit 2 more times. People were slamming their brakes on etc. By the time I got off the freeway, my car wouldnt go over 10 mph and I rolled into a uhaul parking lot where I called the dealership IRATE and the GM sent a tow truck. I emailed the guy back from Subaru of America and am demanding my car be replaced with a new vehicle and compensation for my time missed of work. As the car was loading on to the tow truck, I also noticed a scratch above my driver side fender and 2 door dings on my passenger side. Now I am meticulous about my cars, I didnt even have them take the white wrapping off when it arrived off the truck and I KNOW those blemishes weren't there. I am FURIOUS....so if anyone gets those codes, please don't drive your car. Take your car into Subaru immediately and tell them its the ECM and don't let them BS you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Rosebud

What the heck. You're not the first person to have an ECU issue. Hopefully Subaru makes it right for you and replaces your car. Keep us updated!

This is why I feel that 99.9% of dealerships out there are staffed with morons and know-it-all's that don't give two $hits about your safety, your car or your complaints!

My car got dinged in 3 places the last time I was at the shop...of course they said "that was like that when you brought it in and you have no proof that it wasn't"...if a place of business doesn't own up to damage of any kind then they themselves shouldn't be in business in the first place.

Good luck though!!!
    2013 SWP WRX Limited Sedan - SOLD

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 - White

So it begins
    They're not going to give you a new car. Sounds like it may be a software issue with the ecm and they're going to have to get your car running correctly and you may just have to be patient and wait until a fix is available.
    Subaru isn't known for putting recalls out or tsb unless it's too common and too expensive or major, such as the 08-10 engine failures which would be warrantied and not a recall, the broken clutch welds affecting almost all early third gens do not have anything more then a tsb at this point even after a class action, and evap codes for the 12 and 13 which ends up being a poor ground or splice in the engine harness.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by blknylw View Post
    This is why I feel that 99.9% of dealerships out there are staffed with morons and know-it-all's that don't give two $hits about your safety, your car or your complaints!

My car got dinged in 3 places the last time I was at the shop...of course they said "that was like that when you brought it in and you have no proof that it wasn't"...if a place of business doesn't own up to damage of any kind then they themselves shouldn't be in business in the first place.

Good luck though!!!
    Shops like that give techs a bad rep

Stinkeye member 520

****UPDATE****

So, this morning I was told by the service tech that it's an entirely different code and they are having their Subaru engineers come back out. I told them I am refusing to take the vehicle back at this point and they need to work on getting mine replaced. He told me he completely understood and would call me as soon as he knew more. He just called to tell me the problem now is CPU failure and the engineer who diagnosed my "Glitch" last time will be back Wednesday to do a software update and I'll be good to go. I am on the verge of having a nervous breakdown because I do not feel this car is safe to drive.

CPU failure.. Hmmm that's interesting.

It sucks but they are going to do whatever they can to NOT give you a new car.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Well don't be surprised if you see me hit national news. I don't care if it means taking vacation from work and sitting at their dealership notifying every customer that walks in there what happened. This is outrageous. I don't even know what CPU failure means...

Basically the cars computer has a virus. Ecu software updates are very common but I've never seen one in need like this before. You should be perfectly fine once there's a properly working software in the computer

Stinkeye member 520

I wonder if they recalibrated the system properly after replacing the computer. Now the things fried again...

Stinkeye member 520

Keep us posted!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    Basically the cars computer has a virus.

They never ended up replacing the ECM, that's why I'm concerned. They said this is an entirely new issue.

I Support ClubWRX
    At least you're not the only one with engine trouble. This person had a similar engine sputtering problem.

2015 WRX already ECU issues... - NASIOC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.