2015 WRX Check Engine Light - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Check Engine Light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by WRX-maniac Zax, do all of these threads make you love that old EJ engine a little more ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    Zax, do all of these threads make you love that old EJ engine a little more now? LOL. At least you know what the issues will be with the EJ engine.
    Not really. The FA20 is still the far superior motor.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes, agreed on that. The little bit I am learning on these fa20 engines seems to be great. Never really looked into them until recently. At the end of the day, the EJ series engines are just outdated and problematic. But none the less, all of these electrical failures is scary that I have been reading. Granted that has nothing to do with the FA20 engine. Just figured I'd poke some fun.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Happened to me today. 2015 wrx with 3k miles. Coming to a stop at a light and downshifting. The engine started revving to 3k and wouldn't idle down. At the same time, the check engine light came on and the cruise control dash indicator started flashing. When the traffic light turned green, I could barely accelerate to the curb. It felt like the clutch was slipping. I turned it off and called my Subaru dealer. They told me it was a known issue and they had a software fix. I brought it in and they had it fixed in less than an hour!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsho View Post
    I'm new here looking for answers to the same issue. 2015 WRX STI with just over 500 miles. Back to the dealership twice with check engine light on and blinking cruise control and drive system indicator.

Hope that fixes it for good. My '15 WRX was disconnecting the gas pedal and motor (so dying while driving) and/or revving up and down 2-4,000 RPM every 1,200 KM so they put in a new ECU. That issue has not happened since, so thinking that fixed it. The car also got "stuck" between start and stop and they trouble shot last week by putting in new Stop Start Switch and Clutch Switches. Both issues were impossible to replicate as there was about 1,000 KM or more between events. Subaru Canada has been great. The local dealer (Anthony's Subaru) would not do a thing. So only drag is I need to drive 45 minutes to visit a "real" service dept. in a neighbouring city. Worth the drive as I love the car!

Add me to the list of this issue.
    Vehicle: 2015 WRX 6MT LTD
    Mileage: 5,044
    CEL: P0606 PCM / ECM Processor Fault
    Scenario: Driving normally slowing down in second gear while curving left on road. Pressed gas pedal, CEL light and blinking cruise control light turn on, limping acceleration kicks in (ECU fail-safe override) continued driving into parking lot, after parking idle RPM fluctuates from approx. 2000-3000 RPM with no gas pedal input, after ignition off/on car runs and drives normally with CEL and blinking cruise control light still on.

Taking the car to Subaru of Las Vegas tomorrow and explaining what happened. I am also going to mention this is an issue that I have heard about from three different sources and make sure I receive documentation of the service.

Resolution: TBD
    Last edited by WRXFrank; 09-01-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Subaru told me they knew of no one else it had happened to. Perhaps mine was the first "possessed" Subaru out there, don't know. But they cannot tell you now it's an unknown issue. Good luck with that!

Quote Originally Posted by 2015WRX:unsafe View Post
    Subaru told me they knew of no one else it had happened to. Perhaps mine was the first "possessed" Subaru out there, don't know. But they cannot tell you now it's an unknown issue. Good luck with that!
    When you say "Subaru" do you mean Subaru of America or your Subaru dealership you took it to?

The dealership was no help at all. I don't think they believed me. I had to go to social media to get Subaru Canada's attention. They checked with Japan too. So Subaru Canada knows and I would have to assume Japan knows too.

I have a white 2015 WRX that I purchased in April. I experienced the P0606 code with all the neat things like variable ghost like RPM surges and 11 MPH limit while driving home on a mountain road here in Big Bear California. The first time I had it towed was in June with 4,500 miles on it. They re-flashed it (patch) and I got it back. Yesterday, September 3, I got the problem back. Its being towed to the nearest dealership again (1:15 hours away). I have only put around 500 miles on it since the first time it went in, because I didn't trust a re-flash was going to fix this. I am not happy, this is a scary problem and I will post what the service dept is doing for me on this second try at it.

Quote Originally Posted by friedrat View Post
    I have a white 2015 WRX that I purchased in April. I experienced the P0606 code with all the neat things like variable ghost like RPM surges and 11 MPH limit while driving home on a mountain road here in Big Bear California. The first time I had it towed was in June with 4,500 miles on it. They re-flashed it (patch) and I got it back. Yesterday, September 3, I got the problem back. Its being towed to the nearest dealership again (1:15 hours away). I have only put around 500 miles on it since the first time it went in, because I didn't trust a re-flash was going to fix this. I am not happy, this is a scary problem and I will post what the service dept is doing for me on this second try at it.
    Yes, keep us updated. There have been some recent ECU updates from what I see here: Subaru Technical Information System

Very scary when your car dies while driving. Hope no one has an accident because of that. Happened to me twice. The surging only happened once.....like a possessed car. Mine is a white 2015 WRX I bought April 10th. Since I got a new ECU has not done that.

I had the same check engine light and cruise control light blinking but I was in a parking lot and I was after I just tried to turn the car on with just the battery no actually start the engine. I don't what happened but it turned in and wouldn't go away then I drove around the lot to see if anything was wrong but it drove fine. So I tried doing what I first did and turn the key to the acc position and it went away.
    '15 DGM WRX premium, production #884. Rally armor flaps, axis sport excite 17" wheels, nameless axle back w/ delete, mishimoto cold air intake.

Quote Originally Posted by tousikid View Post
    I had the same check engine light and cruise control light blinking but I was in a parking lot and I was after I just tried to turn the car on with just the battery no actually start the engine. I don't what happened but it turned in and wouldn't go away then I drove around the lot to see if anything was wrong but it drove fine. So I tried doing what I first did and turn the key to the acc position and it went away.
    Interesting. Different than normal, when all the dash lights illuminate just before start?

I have 3800 miles and less than 4 months on the road and I just got my 2015 back from the dealership after having the same CEL code P2610. I didn't experience any of the weird RPM surges or any performance issues really, just had the engine light and the flashing cruise come on about a mile into my morning drive last week. I was the first in the area to have this issue because the dealership had to call Subaru and get updated programming for the ECM. They said it is definitely not a common issue right now. Got it back this morning and so far no more CEL....I'll be holding my breath while driving for a few days until I know it's good. I still love this car regardless!

I'm at 4,800 miles. No CELs. Hope to never get any.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.