2015 WRX Check Engine Light - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Check Engine Light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Drove my '15 WRX from Reno to Vegas from 11pm to 7am. No problems so far except for my post ...

Drove my '15 WRX from Reno to Vegas from 11pm to 7am. No problems so far except for my post but the blinking cruise control and check engine light disappeared.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Sillywabbit i just got a 2015 and i'm thinking about returning it, sounds like subaru has bad scientists... you are gonna get another WRX or WRX STi?

Mine has the same issue with the CPU according to the dealer. And they are suppose to have a reflash soon for it. Apart from that issue I love the car. And as soon as the CPU gets fixed I will be good to go.

Major problems with my new 2015 WRX: 4 incidents in 4,800 kms. The first time it lost all connect between the gas pedal and engine while I was driving. Dangerous! Fortunately I was on a low traffic road and not a highway so was able to coast to the side of the road where the car was surging up and down from 2000-4000 RPM over and over again many times without me touching anything…..like it was possessed. My big regret is not taking a video of that happening, but I was freaked out and turned off the car, worried it was going to take off over the embankment or something. Eventually I turned the car off and on, drove to Anthonys Subaru Kelowna where I bought the car. There was an engine light and an error code that Forresters get when sitting on the lot with a dead battery. Subaru did nothing else. They said that the act of me turning the car off and on likely re-set the car and fixed the problem. Since then the disconnect between the peddle and the gas happened once more while I was driving but then clicked back in a few seconds later. I took it in to Subaru, they hooked it up, no error code and sent me away without doing anything again. The dealership contacted Subaru Canada and Subaru Japan who did not approve anything. The second problem: twice between appts my car has not started and I have been stranded. The lights and a fan go on and then nothing else happens. I cannot turn the car on nor can I turn it off…and I cannot lock it. I took a video the 2nd time for proof and sent it to the dealership. There is no error code after that happens. My car has been at Subaru since being towed in 13 days ago. Of course it started for them, and the first time it started after about 20 minutes of trying for me. Subaru re-set the keys and they feel that might fix issues. So far Subaru Canada or Japan has not given them permission to do anything else to my car. Neither the owner nor the service dept of Anthonys Subaru are going to bat for me and there is very little communication from them. I have their loaner Forrester and my WRX is sitting in their lot. The Forrester is not so nice a drive after my WRX but at least I feel safe. I see on the forums this is not an unknown issue to Subaru as the service dept keeps telling me….. Others have had the same surging/dying issue. Where there are Lemon Laws in USA they have even replaced WRX’s since they cannot find the problem. Here in Canada we do not have a Lemon Law. I do not trust the car: that it won’t die on the highway as if that happens it could cause injury or death. I am not happy about being one of Subaru’s guinea pigs on this matter either. If they want to test my ECM then they can replace mine, send the components back and test them when they are out of my car and my life is not being put at risk for their benefit. I have asked them to test or replace the ECM but they say they will not replace a perfectly good ECM component, which there are 8 or 9 in that car. So 4 incidents and the only thing done is the re-setting of the keys. Now I want a replacement car and am escalating this issue to Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan and the Motor Vehicle Sales Authority of BC. If I cannot get satisfaction, next I will go to a reporter friend at the local TV station to make this problem public. Any assistance or recommendations would be much appreciated. Thank you

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yikes. I miss my throttle cable...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I had the same p2610 code pop up on mine about a month ago. It had sat all night and the check engine light came on when I cranked it that morning. I have a code reader and pulled the code then went to google. It seems the Foresters have the same issue. The code is a glitch like they said when you let the car run for less then 15 secs and then it sits for 5 or more hours. And I did do that exact thing. I just cleared the code and haven't had any trouble since.

But I haven't had any of the other issues you've had.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrice0309 View Post
    I had the same p2610 code pop up on mine about a month ago. It had sat all night and the check engine light came on when I cranked it that morning. I have a code reader and pulled the code then went to google. It seems the Foresters have the same issue. The code is a glitch like they said when you let the car run for less then 15 secs and then it sits for 5 or more hours. And I did do that exact thing. I just cleared the code and haven't had any trouble since.

But I haven't had any of the other issues you've had.

Honestly guys I returned mine today. Thank god! I was able to hit max 22.3 on my WRX but I didn't like how the brake pedal gets stiff sometimes at a stop not always so weird (maybe not even normal).
    I had issues going into 1st a couple of times too recently with 450 miles on it only? trash

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by haroot View Post
    Honestly guys I returned mine today. Thank god! I was able to hit max 22.3 on my WRX but I didn't like how the brake pedal gets stiff sometimes at a stop not always so weird (maybe not even normal).
    I had issues going into 1st a couple of times too recently with 450 miles on it only? trash
    Is this your first time owning a car?

Be sure to let us know how that S2000 holds up for you.

You returned your brand new wrx because you failed at putting it in first a couple times and because the brake pedal is too stiff? Seriously....lmfao?

Wait what?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxedd View Post
    You returned your brand new wrx because you failed at putting it in first a couple times and because the brake pedal is too stiff? Seriously....lmfao?
    ru stupid? i returned it because the car has bad firmware idiot, just liket all the ecus's on the fa20 and fa20dit and eve the 15 ej25 sti has the same cpu since people had the same problems

Banned
    and btw no idiot I bought a 2007 s2000 new after driving that car for years and hopping into a trash Subaru with Electrical problems thats Uglier and produces the same 1/4 mile and 0-60 times practically boosted, basically a trash 2.0 liter, my 3s-gte in my 1991 celica convertible was way faster... and handles just as good

zax
    ru stupid? i returned it because the car has bad firmware idiot, just liket all the ecus's on the fa20 and fa20dit and eve the 15 ej25 sti has the same cpu since people had the same problems
    This is your only warning. Personal attacks are not tolerated.

The ECU in the WRX is manufactured by Hitachi while the ECU in the STi is manufactured by Denso. So you are very incorrect.

Facebook me here

Banned
    well people have reported issues with the Denso ecu too, but Denso is a good company my Celica obviously had parts from Denso in it, so did the Supra.

zax
    well people have reported issues with the Denso ecu too, but Denso is a good company my Celica obviously had parts from Denso in it, so did the Supra.
    Happy to report no issues here. Happily, you have no further reason to post here. Enjoy your S2000.

Facebook me here

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast