2015 WRX Check Engine Light - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Check Engine Light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Have they given you any codes for the CEL?...

Have they given you any codes for the CEL?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From what I understand my car pulled two different codes. P2610 and P0606. The first one was an issue with the ECM and the second was CPU failure. With the CPU failure, I had the problems with the car physically limiting my acceleration. What is your service dept. telling you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywabbit View Post
    From what I understand my car pulled two different codes. P2610 and P0606. The first one was an issue with the ECM and the second was CPU failure. With the CPU failure, I had the problems with the car physically limiting my acceleration. What is your service dept. telling you?

Loose wire harness is the answer given. Same issue 4 times although I pulled battery cable and it restored the system for a short time - which they said never to do again

World Rally Blue, FTMFW!!!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Hmmm... I wonder if that would classify under a lemon law? I know here in NV the problem has to be addressed four times or the car inoperable for 30 days. I feel your frustration with the CEL light and spending so much money on these cars

Well, my latest update: SOA is cutting me a check on Monday for all of down payment, tax credit for the trade in, exhaust I put on and labor. It comes out to about $5300. We then reworked another deal with the sales team and are now being offered 2k under invoice, $150 in parts, and invoice pricing offered in parts. I ordered another '15 CWP but this time I upgraded to the limited with Nav, push button start, short shifter, Spt truck trim, auto dim mirror with home link, red illumination kit and Harmon Cardon audio. Well worth the drama! Car won't be here for about a month though.

Wow that's incredible. They really paid you for your time and stress. Congrats on getting everything negotiated and taken care of and enjoy your new CWP!

Congrats!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations, I guess the WRB couldn't win you over.

It looks as if the dealer is offering to buy back my 2015 WRX STI. Another electronic flashing light developed but this time related to the differential. Only happens after 30-45 minutes of driving. I'm giving up on this car.

I am having a similar issue. I managed to put 3700 miles on the car, made sure to keep it under 4k RPM for the first 1,000 miles and got the oil changed at 3,200. I drove it home one night from work, just like every other day. The next morning I started it up and the CEL was on and the cruise control light was blinking. I drove 12 miles to work and didn't experience any issues, drove it home and then to the dealer the next day, again, no drivability issues. The dealer said it threw 3 codes, one of which I think is the same as OP. the suspect the ECM, but couldn't confirm the other codes that day. So I'm in a horrible ford focus rental until the dealer can get me a loaner. And I had a road trip planned for Wednesday in my new baby. I think I will be contacting SOA as well. Can we keep this thread going until we get some answers? I will follow up when I hear from the dealer.

Over the weekend I thought about keeping the car but seeing "bizfamo's" comment with the same issues it seems as if Subaru has some type of serious electronic issue to deal with. The dealer tech wanted to know if I had been trying push the car hard. I haven't had it over 4,000 RPM either and haven't broached 1,000 miles yet with the dealer putting over 100 miles on it trying to activate the problems.

So I just got my car back this morning after they replaced my ECM. They said the ECM was going to take 3 weeks to ship, but luckily they got it much sooner. The codes are gone and the car drove home from the dealer just fine. Hopefully that will be the last of this issue, but it is hard to feel confident when I can't seem to get a certain answer as to what the problem was. If it is a software issue, then replacing the computer isn't going to resolve it. But we shall see. I haven't received any compensation from SOA for this whole ordeal minus a rental car while my car was in the shop, but I'll keep you guys posted.

I have the same issue as the OP. CEL came on then it shut down all power to the car while turning left through a stop light. The engine revved up to about 2000 rpm then down to idle then back up to almost 3000 rpm before going back down to idle. When it happened all the lights came on. The cruise control light blinked the hill start assist light deactivation light came on and a few others. The CEL went off when I turned the car off after I made it home. This is the second different issue I have had with this car. The first is the fuel door being loose and not popping open when the latch is pulled. It is suppose to be taken to the dealer tomorrow to have them fix that. I called them this morning informing them about the CEL. I will have to see if they will check for the code that was thrown.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.