2015 WRX Check Engine Light - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Check Engine Light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by ProTekk Also, the easier you are to deal with, the more likely you'll be compensated. Irate, pissed ...

Quote Originally Posted by ProTekk View Post
    Also, the easier you are to deal with, the more likely you'll be compensated. Irate, pissed off, fuming customers don't get the grease. Be firm about your stance but calm and collected.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    This. Coming as a tech, they're going to be more willing to work with you if you don't bother them to the point where they get pissed off. Once that happens all they're going to do is whatever it takes to get you out of their hair then actually working with you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is an ecu issue involving this engine. Brz had a similar issue until it was flashed.

I'd say have them throw in 15K, 30K maintenance on the house depending on how long this continues, along with your next car payment. Make sure you call SOA. That should temper your aggravation, and Subaru will have a happy customer...IMO.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    I'd say have them throw in 15K, 30K maintenance on the house depending on how long this continues, along with your next car payment. Make sure you call SOA. That should temper your aggravation, and Subaru will have a happy customer...IMO.
    I second that

Stinkeye member 520

****UPDATE****

I recieved an email from SOA telling me they agreed to purchase back my vehicle and will cut me a check reimbursing me for all money I have paid including the exhaust I added! Yesssssssss!!!!

Glad everything worked out for you... Now, what are you going to get now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywabbit View Post
    Oh and when I said a subi engineer drove a few hundred miles, I meant he drove a few hundred miles to look at my car, not he drove my car for a few hundred miles. Lol I guess I worded that wrong!
    Yeah, that make more sense.

****UPDATE****

I recieved an email from SOA telling me they agreed to purchase back my vehicle and will cut me a check reimbursing me for all money I have paid including the exhaust I added! Yesssssssss!!!!
    I would have expected them to offer a replacement first? Are you going to buy another one? Get a Galaxy Blue one next time, no ECU issues

Funny you said that, I was totally thinking of getting a world rally blue this time. It would match my Hubbs Launch

But I like galaxy blue too....oh geez...what color would you all get? I'm just asking for fun

Red, Lightning MF-ing Red.

****UPDATE****

Nice haha did not see that coming. Co grays though!
    Personally I think silver looks good this year and you can never go wrong with world rally blue. Haven't seen galaxy blue in person yet though.
    White is beautiful too though....hmm

Stinkeye member 520

****UPDATE****

Really? Wow.

+1234 to not expecting that outcome.

I guess we will never know what the exact problem was and the fix.

They probably want to buy it back to keep it hush hush.. Who knows.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

****UPDATE****

Excellent new, glad to hear that Subaru made things right. The computers are so sophisticated now, they literally control EVERYTHING in new vehicles. Entertaining another new WRX? To keep you in the Subaru family I am sure they would make you a killer deal. Keep us posted...

I'm really stuck between WRB, Red or white again. I like the way the WRB looks, but then red looks pretty bad ass, and white is beautiful. I guess it will depend on what kind of mood I'm in that day!

I'm new here looking for answers to the same issue. 2015 WRX STI with just over 500 miles. Back to the dealership twice with check engine light on and blinking cruise control and drive system indicator.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.