2015 WRX Check Engine Light - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Check Engine Light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by MainFrame Simplest way I could think of Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk...

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Simplest way I could think of

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like you're either getting a re flash or new ecm or both. Won't be coming out of your pocket either way. Irritating? Yes.
    But unfortunately these are some of the issues that come along with a first year car...you get to play guinea pig. Once they get a hold of what's causing the issue they're going to roll out and have all affected vehicles re flashed or wjatever the remedy is since this seems to be a bit on the more severe side

Stinkeye member 520

Yeah, thanks for the replies guys

Be patient, it's a new car to everyone. It'll be figured out. In the meantime keep us posted

Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywabbit View Post
    They had a Subi engineer drive a few hundred miles to collect data and figure out what was wrong with the vehicle.
    A few hundred miles? WTF??? You're either trolling or you've been taken for a ride. Assuming it's the latter, I'd complain to SOA and ask them to pull the data logs for how the car was driven during that time. If that engineer was not careful during your break-in period he might have void your engine warranty. At least make sure it is documented that the dealership drove the car for those miles.

What are your local lemon laws? That would also be interesting to know, although I would use it to get a new car rather than remind them about it.

Well I'm definitely not a troller. I did research the NV lemon laws and the car would've had to be inoperable for 30 days, which at this point it's going to be 15 by the time I get it back, or have been taken in 4 times for the same issue or related issue. I have all the paperwork that they gave me explaining the codes. The first code was a p2610 and that was ECM. Now they're saying it's a P0606 code which is CPU failure. I did contact SOA and the Senior Customer relations director is supposed to call me tomorrow. I really hope they don't BS me because I'm very stubborn and short tempered and they are wearing me thin.

Oh and when I said a subi engineer drove a few hundred miles, I meant he drove a few hundred miles to look at my car, not he drove my car for a few hundred miles. Lol I guess I worded that wrong!

OK, just to clarify, no, it's not a virus. A virus is a piece of malware/malicious code written to do something, well, malicious. What the OP is dealing with is a bug. A defect in the code.

OP, before you go nuts, things like this happen. A lot. Things slip past QC/QA. You don't need a whole new car because of a software failure. If the failure can be linked to a physical failure, you may have a case but it's unlikely given the many failsafes in modern ECU's.

Also, the easier you are to deal with, the more likely you'll be compensated. Irate, pissed off, fuming customers don't get the grease. Be firm about your stance but calm and collected.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ProTekk View Post
    OK, just to clarify, no, it's not a virus. A virus is a piece of malware/malicious code written to do something, well, malicious. What the OP is dealing with is a bug. A defect in the code.

OP, before you go nuts, things like this happen. A lot. Things slip past QC/QA. You don't need a whole new car because of a software failure. If the failure can be linked to a physical failure, you may have a case but it's unlikely given the many failsafes in modern ECU's.

Also, the easier you are to deal with, the more likely you'll be compensated. Irate, pissed off, fuming customers don't get the grease. Be firm about your stance but calm and collected.

This guy knows his stuff. Heed him.

Ok, that makes sense. Wouldn't the fact that the car wouldn't go past 23 and then 10mph be a Physical failure of some sort? What would have made the RPMs go crazy and no acceleration?

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywabbit View Post
    Ok, that makes sense. Wouldn't the fact that the car wouldn't go past 23 and then 10mph be a Physical failure of some sort? What would have made the RPMs go crazy and no acceleration?
    That would be the ECU failsafes doing their job. The ECU saw certain conditions that were outside "safe" parameters and cut power/acceleration where needed to avoid nuking your engine.

Thanks Protekk, I appreciate the explanation

I can tell you from experience that staying calm and professional, but being firm, will get results. The fact that they are absorbing your next payment is encouraging. I agree with others that the WRX (and competitor GTI) are clean sheet of paper designs and issues are almost expected. Keep in mind that the average new car is assembled with roughly 30,000 separate parts if you count all the screws, washers, etc.

Ok, I will remember to keep my calm.

Truthfully, reading all of that while drinking gave me a migraine but i caught the basic outline of the post. Did they say what may have caused the issue and how long it will take to fix?

Hopefully everything works out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.