07 WRX won't start sometimes
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 07 WRX won't start sometimes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; alright so basically every once in a while ill drive my car somewhere starts right up...but when i get in ...

07 WRX won't start sometimes

alright so basically every once in a while ill drive my car somewhere starts right up...but when i get in the car again BAM won't crank.... all the lights on my dash turn on but it almost seems like trying to start it without pushing my clutch in but i am.... recently replaced spark plugs but it was doing it well before that.. battery is brand new and when i bought the car the starter was 2 weeks old installed by subaru dealership... any thoughts???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Check battery leads at both ends, all earthing straps, clutch switch, ECU connections, ignition switch.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

No CEL I take it?

Sounds like the camshaft position sensor is going bad.

Edit: Nevermind...re-read your post. If it's not turning over at all then something else is amiss. I agree...check your terminals and the ground wire to make sure nothing is loose. Is the battery going dead when this happens? You may want to try checking for a voltage drop with a multimeter...it can simply the troubleshooting process if you do indeed have a bad connection somewhere between the battery, starter, and alternator.

+1 on clutch switch being suspect...I'd check there first.
    Last edited by jahmic; 05-19-2014 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Check battery leads at both ends, all earthing straps, clutch switch, ECU connections, ignition switch.
    The battery is nearly 6 months old I check the voltage but when you go to crank it you can hear everything wanting to engage and the terminal leads are brand new replaced those last weekend... It seems to only not want to start when i have driven somewhere and it's warm outside... In the winter I never had this problem maybe once or twice but since it's been getting warmer it's doing it more often

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    do you know the location of clutch switch... looked around the pedal and see nothing connecting directly to the clutch...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.