02 WRX wagon boost maxing at 7 psi?!?

This is a discussion on 02 WRX wagon boost maxing at 7 psi?!? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hay guys, i've had my o2 wrx wagon for a couple months now and i have noticed that i have ...

02 WRX wagon boost maxing at 7 psi?!?

Hay guys, i've had my o2 wrx wagon for a couple months now and i have noticed that i have only been able to pull off 7psi of boost? The car is almost completely stock with only new sway bars, springs, and a cbe. I have done some research and some forums mention thing about problems with the wastegate, the boost Solenoid, and a restrictor pill? This turbo stuff is new to me so i get kind of lost. I wont be able to work on my car this week but i am dieing to find out some of the possible/common solutions for my problem. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    So you didn't check for the restrictor pill?

Boost Control FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

No, not yet.I have been too busy to check. Thanks for the picture though, that will help allot when I finally get to it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    That's the first thing you need to check. At 7psi I would assume you're just running through the wastegate so to speak.