2013 wrx cel
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 wrx cel within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, two weeks ago I went stage one using tp.. I data logged and sent them to Erik and ...

2013 wrx cel

Hey guys, two weeks ago I went stage one using tp.. I data logged and sent them to Erik and he said everything looked good. But now today I was driving on base at 25 and
    My cel came on also my traction light came
    On and my cruise light was blinking on and off. If anyone has any advice please advise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what is the code(s) it is throwing?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brennermoore View Post
    Hey guys, two weeks ago I went stage one using tp.. I data logged and sent them to Erik and he said everything looked good. But now today I was driving on base at 25 and
    My cel came on also my traction light came
    On and my cruise light was blinking on and off. If anyone has any advice please advise.
    Plug in your AP and read the code it is throwing(No AP? Drive to Autozone and they will pull the code for free). As far as the Traction and Cruise light behavior, that is normal when a CEL is thrown.

i do not use an ap, i went the open source route. It was from an o2 sensor, but i just recently ran stp fuel injector cleaner through my gas so im assuming its just giving a bad reading from the mixture of gas and the injector cleaner.

best of luck!
    2012 wrx 5 door stage 3 + (traded in)
    2014 sti 4 door 297whp/329wtq stage 2 innovative tuned

Update, the cel for the o2 sensor has come on and a few times now.. It comes on when starting the car here and there and when just driving through town... It was off for a week and just came back on when i started it today, it is off again.. The car is tuned to stage 1 tp, i sent all the logs to eric and they checked out good.. So im not sure what to do at this point.

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you tried cleaning or replacing the 02 sensor? Also, have you checked to see what codes it is throwing the last few times the CEL came on?

On a final note, don't mind the Traction control light being on and the Cruise control blinking. This is 100% normal. When the CEL comes one the computer is set to automatically disable the cruise control and the traction control until the codes are cleared or the problem is fixed.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...-question.html

Need to know the *ACTUAL* DTC code.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

The code is po141 if thats what you're asking..And i havent tried cleaning it, going to today.. Called my dealership and the guy at services told me its probably a waist of my time for me to drive up there. Also he said to get a cobb ap and flash stage 1 because they cannot tell when the car has beenflashed by a cobb ap.. I used opensource for my stage 1, but just thought it was strange that they cannot see the tune when using a cobb ap.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brennermoore View Post
    The code is po141 if thats what you're asking..And i havent tried cleaning it, going to today.. Called my dealership and the guy at services told me its probably a waist of my time for me to drive up there. Also he said to get a cobb ap and flash stage 1 because they cannot tell when the car has beenflashed by a cobb ap.. I used opensource for my stage 1, but just thought it was strange that they cannot see the tune when using a cobb ap.
    This is a highly debated topic. And I have NEVER seen a definite answer.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.