2008 subaru wrx idle, and hesitation
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2008 subaru wrx idle, and hesitation within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, ive exhausted all my mechanical experience (6 years as a mechanic by trade) And this car is driving me ...

Unhappy 2008 subaru wrx idle, and hesitation

Ok, ive exhausted all my mechanical experience (6 years as a mechanic by trade) And this car is driving me up the wall, I cant find any information on the 2008 and its getting ridiculous, From what Ive read I have a IACV that needs to be either cleaned or replaced, problem is I cant find it and I cant find out if I even have one on this year of the Scooby. The car is pretty tuned up. Basically what happens is when I start it up cold it idles at 1500rpm, and when it gets warm it hovers from 700rpm to 0rpm almost stalling, and I got no codes coming up. goin from 1-2 gear I get full range no issues hit 3rd gear I get some hesitation (very noticeable) at around 3000rpm and it does the same all the way through the gears from there on out. Also if I really romp on it I get no hesitation. full power. Anyways as ive said before it seems I have a IACV problem. I also should mention that ive cleaned my air filter and my MAF sensor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So ive just been informed that i don't have a IACV with my year of the car. so now my question would be what causes the same symptoms as the dirty IACV?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah the 2.5L WRX's are Drive By Wire. No IACV,the ECU controls the idle via the throttle plate motor. I would try cleaning the throttlebody and using a scan tool to check the throttle position. Could be the internal TPS is going bad. Also try cleaning up all the factory engine grounds. Most people add a grounding kit and notice a bunch of little grimlins like this clear up.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.