2008 subaru wrx idle, and hesitation

This is a discussion on 2008 subaru wrx idle, and hesitation within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, ive exhausted all my mechanical experience (6 years as a mechanic by trade) And this car is driving me ...

Unhappy 2008 subaru wrx idle, and hesitation

Ok, ive exhausted all my mechanical experience (6 years as a mechanic by trade) And this car is driving me up the wall, I cant find any information on the 2008 and its getting ridiculous, From what Ive read I have a IACV that needs to be either cleaned or replaced, problem is I cant find it and I cant find out if I even have one on this year of the Scooby. The car is pretty tuned up. Basically what happens is when I start it up cold it idles at 1500rpm, and when it gets warm it hovers from 700rpm to 0rpm almost stalling, and I got no codes coming up. goin from 1-2 gear I get full range no issues hit 3rd gear I get some hesitation (very noticeable) at around 3000rpm and it does the same all the way through the gears from there on out. Also if I really romp on it I get no hesitation. full power. Anyways as ive said before it seems I have a IACV problem. I also should mention that ive cleaned my air filter and my MAF sensor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So ive just been informed that i don't have a IACV with my year of the car. so now my question would be what causes the same symptoms as the dirty IACV?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah the 2.5L WRX's are Drive By Wire. No IACV,the ECU controls the idle via the throttle plate motor. I would try cleaning the throttlebody and using a scan tool to check the throttle position. Could be the internal TPS is going bad. Also try cleaning up all the factory engine grounds. Most people add a grounding kit and notice a bunch of little grimlins like this clear up.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S