Accident, Replacing with Aftermarket Parts?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Accident, Replacing with Aftermarket Parts? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, unfortunately I was in an accident the other day (lady was making an unprotected left turn in an ...

Accident, Replacing with Aftermarket Parts?

Hey all, unfortunately I was in an accident the other day (lady was making an unprotected left turn in an intersection, saw me and stopped in the middle of the intersection/my lane). My front bumper and hood all need replacing, however there are three aftermarket parts. This is the first time I've ever been in an accident where I've been involved with the insurance companies, and this may be a stupid question....but are aftermarket parts pretty much identical to OEM parts? There are three aftermarket parts being used:

Supplier: HONDA FOREIGN AUTO PARTS
    Location(s): 11975 BRANFORD STREET, SUN VALLEY CA 91352 MIKETELALYAN (888) 727-8796
    Line Description Item #
    8 LKQ Grille assy wagon WRX +20% CQLHC6

Supplier: Keystone - USAA - AQRP - A
    Location(s): 4955 KALAMATH STREET, DENVER CO 80221 (800) 551-5608 (303) 333-9911
    Line Description Item #
    4 A/M CAPA Bumper cover w/o lip spoile SU1000158C

Supplier: Carro Pacific, Inc.
    Location(s): 545 JEFFERSON BLVD. #4, WEST SACRAMENTO CA 95605 (800) 660-9918 (916) 372-7277
    Line Description Item #
    22 A/M CAPA Hood w/turbo XTY71823

I asked if they could use all OEM parts, but the collision center told me my insurance company has to use aftermarket parts where available before OEM.

Thanks guys, hope you're all driving safe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Aftermarket is hit and miss. Some may fit well, others may not. I'd be especially wary of stamped steel.

I've always insisted on OEM when needed. Take it up with your insurance agent if need be. It is the insurers call - not the body shop.

Best of luck ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thanks for that, I just shot a message to my adjuster to see if it were possible. I sure would prefer it that way.

I Support ClubWRX
    My insurer (Allstate) has always been very helpful and cooperative when I ask.

The worst your insurer can say is no. Pester them into what you want (pay for). If they do not come though go elsewhere.

Better days are ahead.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I'll have to give them a call tomorrow, thanks! Better days for sure

I found the bumper cover, was unable to find the hood.
    10 IMPREZA FRONT BUMPER COVER - 2010 SUBARU IMPREZA FRONT BUMPER COVER

Appears to be a good product, I hope I don't have a problem when I want to put on the lip.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.