First gear hesitation and clutch engagement

This is a discussion on First gear hesitation and clutch engagement within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all I have a 2013 WRX with about 9k miles on it completely stock. When I accelerate from a ...

First gear hesitation and clutch engagement

Hi all I have a 2013 WRX with about 9k miles on it completely stock.
    When I accelerate from a stop, normally not WOT, the rpm needle rises then falls maybe 200-500 rpms and finally catches and goes.
    It feels like the clutch isnt catching right away and it hesitates a bit before engaging the flywheel and goes. I find myself slipping the clutch so the rpm needle doesnt drop that 200-500rpms.
    If I slip it, the rpm needle goes up normally and I can let the clutch pedal go, but if i dont slip it, the needle will drop a few and the car hesitates to accel.

Could this be a clutch issue? Or is this normal? I would think slipping the clutch would not be the correct way but maybe you guys can help.
    On a side note, when I forst got my car, I did accidently burn my clutch when going up a steep ass hill on first gear. The burning smell was strong but went away the day after.
    I hope that wasn't the cause, I dont think one clutch burn would crap out the new clutch.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No opinions? Suggestions?

the stock clutches have been known to go pretty soon. sounds like the clutch is slipping a little bit.
    how long has it been when you burned the clutch? and roughly how many miles? could be glazed and if you just drive it easy you might be able to de-glaze the clutch

Its been about 8months after burning the clutch. Is there a way to deglaze the clutch? How would driving it easy do that? I see if its glazed its permanent. Thanks.

The only way to deglaze it by driving is just that..no hard launches, or any for that matter, staying hard off the throttle. Just the easy of the clutch engaging is supposed to deglaze it, but it's not a guarantee.
    I burned mine a while ago and the clutches sometimes slips and sometimes it doesn. The only other option I see is replacing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk