Check Engine light. Lean Bank 1

This is a discussion on Check Engine light. Lean Bank 1 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello im Trent im new i just signed up here and im having a problem with the check engine light. ...

Check Engine light. Lean Bank 1

Hello im Trent im new i just signed up here and im having a problem with the check engine light. It is throwing a Lean bank 1 code. It runs completely fine to my knowledge. Not running rough. Not accelerating badly. Things i had done were i checked for air leaks in the hoses. Were all good there. Cleaned the Air Filter and Cleaned the MAF sensor. The rubber gasket is sits in broke so i replaced it with another one. Not sure if thats the case but seems to be in right and not running bad. It also has a cold air intake but has had it on for a long time without it throwing any codes. Any Ideas? Do i need a new MAF? Air filter? Or is it the rubber gasket not fitting in right maybe? Just seems so strange because the car runs just fine to me. Thanks guys It would be a big help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    You don't know if the car is running fine unless you have a way of dataloging it. I'm assuming the code you're experiencing is P0171? If so, the first thing I would suspect is the cold air intake. What year is your car?

2002. And yes its that code

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Then check out the link in my signature. Bottom Left.

First thing I would do is swap the intake back to stock, clear ECU, drive for awhile. If that dosn't work, check for air leaks again with a thorough boost leak test. If you find a leak, clear ECU, drive for awhile. 99% chance either of these two are your problem. If that dosn't work then I would assume front o2 sensor or MAF; swap with someone local who has a fully functional MAF and/or front o2. Those two can get kind of expensive to buy, so check with your local club, you might find someone willing to help you out by loaning one.
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 04-23-2014 at 03:26 PM.