Warm air coming from vents - 2014 hatch

This is a discussion on Warm air coming from vents - 2014 hatch within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I just bought a 2014 hatch and only put 150 miles on it so far. I've now noticed ...

Warm air coming from vents - 2014 hatch

Hey all,

I just bought a 2014 hatch and only put 150 miles on it so far. I've now noticed that warm air comes in through the vents when the a/c is off. This happens even when recirculation is turned on. Does anyone else have this issue or know of it?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What is the temp dial set at? I believe if it's set above ambient, coolant will flow through the heater core. Just turn the knob down.

Stupid me, that was it! Now I know how a paranoid parent feels like every time their baby coughs. Thanks for the diagnosis, doc.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well if it's any consolation it surprised me a bit too - not used to this with "knob by wire controls". Think of the older cars with the mechanical slide levers......cold........hot. But after all that with a sunroof and the temp control I can be more comfortable than controlling the temperature in my house.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Really?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Really?
    What part?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
    What part?
    I'm pretty sure he was referring to the OP not realizing it was just the temp knob needed adjusting. It's tough to imagine that.
    Not trying to be mean to the OP as we all do some silly stuff once in a while. But it is quite odd that one would choose to take the time to log in to a website, write a post and thread title and wait for replies to ask the world a question like that... Without even looking at what the temp knob was set at first. Lol
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC