blown turbo !!!!! blown intercooler !!!!!!

This is a discussion on blown turbo !!!!! blown intercooler !!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well i am posting this to let everyone know of my withdraw i am currently going through. I blew my ...

blown turbo !!!!! blown intercooler !!!!!!

Well i am posting this to let everyone know of my withdraw i am currently going through. I blew my turbo on my sti 2 weeks ago today, Subaru ordered all the parts took 3 days to get the brand new turbo and hardware.. THEN!! Subaru calls me and told me some of the metal went through my intercooler and have to order it special, its going to be another 5-7 days "SON OF A BITCH!!!!!", but the service manager at Subaru is phenomenal and said i know your pain i am going to do my best to get you your car so its good for you all summer, so that was nice of him he really is the best service manager Subaru has to offer..so that phone call was 2 days ago i am freaking out at this point the weather is finally getting nice here in Buffalo NY and i don't have my beautiful sti to enjoy it with. anybody going through the same pain as i am?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you're complaining that a very expensive mechanical failure is being paid for by Subaru. Unless you're paying out of pocket, but even then, they don't stock every single part at the dealer.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    No I don't. Unless you're paying for this yourself....then yes.

sounds like you have a turbo built on a friday instead of a tuesday.

I would have never taken it to a dealer personally (unless covered under warranty).

If you blew a turbo and intercooler then that's a good time to upgrade to aftermarket in my opinion. You could order online and wouldn't have the dealer markup as well. Even if you wanted to stay OEM you could easily find the parts cheaper online.

A good example would be wheel locks. The dealer in my area charges $40 for wheel locks and another $30 to install them. You can easily buy the same wheel locks online for $20 and install them yourself for free. Thats just an example and engines are more complicated to work on but the concept is the same. There are tuner shops everywhere that charge less for labor than the dealer will.

Hope you get your car fixed soon.

I Support ClubWRX
    How much were you getting on it when it let go?

How many miles? What year? Etc. Details man! I don't like to read threads with people just whining. If I wanted that I would join Facebook. Wait. Am I whining?

There will always be nice days and nice cars to drive on nice days...not that big of a deal.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teamvisionvip View Post
    anybody going through the same pain as i am?

Not sure what pain you're referring to.. if you're talking about not being able to drive your car, then yeah.. I know what you're talking about. Over the last five years my car has only been drivable for about a total of eight months.. gone through five engines in that time span (and probably about $20,000 trying to fix it). Went through two divorces, in part due to my tenacity on fixing the car. At one time the car sat for 14 months waiting on a single part.. now it's sitting in my garage all disassembled, in the same spot I left it back in June of last year.

Is that the kind of pain you're talking about?

Wow now that sir is some pain train...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 WRX STi
    World Rally Blue

Smaug is his name and he has a friggin dragon wing.
    Boom Cannon

Well to answer some questions. No i am not whining at all, i am blessed i have a bad ass warranty to cover the 2700 smacks it took to get my baby fixed. it is a 2010, sti, spec c, hatch, and 70k miles, i drive it everyday so i don't beat on her much even though it runs better when i do lol. I was just sharing some pain i was feeling to some other wrx owners that knows what i am going through. Anyway the update is its back running better than ever brand new turbo + inter-cooler runs so good no more tin can rattling, smoke, and ruff idling its a beautiful day.. "no whining here" lol thanks for the responses guys...

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad to read you're back in business!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Nice.. that didn't take too long.