Ring Land Fix - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Ring Land Fix within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by MainFrame Problem with that logic is that once they deny your claim your car will be listed ...

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Problem with that logic is that once they deny your claim your car will be listed as modded, then it doesn't matter if you return to stock or not, they will just say it was "previously modded". And if they wanted to go to the trouble, they can check to see of your ECU has ever been flashed (not likely tho).. so it doesn't really matter if the stock tune is on there or not. Not to mention it would be fraud to try to pass your car off as never modded.

Or, just as likely, they will claim "abuse", and deny your warranty claim.. then it doesn't matter if you were ever modded or not.
    Incorrect sir, they don't list a car as modded. There is no such thing as voiding a warranty only denying a claim. I have some friends who work at Subaru service and all they can see is that car has been flashed but not what to or or from. As long as your CID, and I believe CVM numbers match there shouldn't be a worry, coming from COBB on that one, do I trust it.....No. I have heard SOA is jackass-ish when it comes to claiming abuse so I'm pretty much past the warranty in my head. Fraud? I'm not sure that's considered fraud to return you car to stock and not mention it was modded.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Try uncorking it at stage II - that stuff is all relevant to a higher HP build too, but if you're happy with it there you can use the money for pistons etc. on suspension.

It just isn't the place to start, and the vast majority will stop before it is needed.
    Yeah I will advance my build in steps and stop where I feel comfortable and like the way it feels. I wasn't going to start with pistons, my curious question was strictly if dropping in a set would negate the failure, I wouldn't just drop in some pistons on an otherwise stock vehicle.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ringland failures are few and far between. Honestly I haven't heard of many with anything after 2010 models...and even then it was the 2009s which had a bad batch of engines (which many were replaced by Subaru, knowing it was a bad batch).
    I'd love some links or some hard data on these failures. I researched before I bought my 2014 and have been hanging and reading since and I have not seen some kind of zombie outbreak of engine failures. Modded or not.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
    I'd love some links or some hard data on these failures. I researched before I bought my 2014 and have been hanging and reading since and I have not seen some kind of zombie outbreak of engine failures. Modded or not.
    09 WRX Engine Failures
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Understand that outbreak. I was wondering if there are more recent/ongoing issues. Thanks and sorry for my lack of clarity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by adidasnc84 View Post
    Incorrect sir, they don't list a car as modded.

Probably depends on the dealer.. but I do know of at least one person who was denied at one dealership, then was immediately denied at the neighboring dealership before they even looked at the car because previous dealer told them it was modded and not to perform warranty work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.