MAF or tps? Help troubleshooting 03
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MAF or tps? Help troubleshooting 03 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I'm having a small problem with my car and I want to say it's either the throttle position ...

MAF or tps? Help troubleshooting 03

Hey guys, I'm having a small problem with my car and I want to say it's either the throttle position sensor or mass air but id like some opinions from more experienced owners.

At either 2k or 2500 rpm, usually in 1st-2nd gear, it kind of hiccups like it's not firing correctly for a split second. It's nothing violent and it's very quick, but I can feel it and it feels just like my old 240sx did when it's tps and maf were both going out.

If anyone has thoughts on which one it might be it would be greatly appreciated, I would hate to spend $100+ on either one and then have it turn out to be the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Also, I just ran a can of seafoam through the gas and the correct amount in the oil. The problem started before the seafoam and doesn't feel any different after.

Can you get access to some kind of data logging solution? That may help you troubleshoot. Even a vag-com cable and romraider work for me:

Amazon.com: KIA 20 Pin to OBD Obd2 Obdii DLC 16 Pin Car Diagnostic Adapter Converter Cable (Blue): Automotive
    David - '05 WRX

Hadn't thought about that, I'll check it out.

Seems like it's only happening with the a/c on too. What could that mean?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.