Is this oem donut gasket okay?

This is a discussion on Is this oem donut gasket okay? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Not sure where to post this, but I bought new oem donut gasket and grimmspeed 2x thick exhaust gaskets to ...

Is this oem donut gasket okay?

Not sure where to post this, but I bought new oem donut gasket and grimmspeed 2x thick exhaust gaskets to mate up an aftermarket DP and oem catback.
    I got the donut gasket in the mail today and am worried about the structure. Looks like a few cracks on one side. Is this okay to use? Or will I get another exhaust leak?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It does look beat up a little for brand new. ......I would send it back

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd be more concerned with what the other side looks like.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Other side Is perfect. No Knicks, just fine. Will this side cause an exhaust leak? And this fits on the GS adapter right?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea,you'll be fine. See the image. The donut gasket fits OVER the adapter & goes INTO the cat back while the flat edge of the donut gasket rests against the flange. So the side making contact with the exhaust is the rounded edge. As long as the rounded edge is okay,you're golden.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Yea,you'll be fine. See the image. The donut gasket fits OVER the adapter & goes INTO the cat back while the flat edge of the donut gasket rests against the flange. So the side making contact with the exhaust is the rounded edge. As long as the rounded edge is okay,you're golden.

Awesome that really helps a ton. Thank you very much!