2013 WRX knock - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX knock within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What other issues are popping up? I know of someone that had 3 motors in theirs, all of them spun ...

What other issues are popping up? I know of someone that had 3 motors in theirs, all of them spun either rod #2 or #3. Finally he called "lemon" on it and got a new one. Right now I'm glad I didn't have any mods, but I'm still planning on a DP and tune in the future. Maybe once warranty is just about run out. lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yea I don't reccomended doing any engine mods while under warranty. These cars aren't reliable enough. I'm just sticking to suspension and exterior mods .

Well I WAS impressed by the Subaru dealership, now I'm not. Car was supposed to be delivered this past Friday, I had to call them on Friday to ask what the status was. They told me Monday. So Monday rolls around and they say its gonna be Tuesday (once again, I had to call them). I called them again today to make sure that it was going to be done b/c I have an hour and a half drive to get to them and it still isn't going to be done today! He said it may run today but they need to drive it, which I get. Then I asked what time tomorrow it will be done tomorrow, "well I really can't say."

Now I work at a big Chevy dealership, so I understand set backs. But not calling customers to update them is unacceptable. Then not actually knowing when its going to be done is also acceptable. I make about 15 calls per hour updating customers, this Subaru dealership is tiny and in my mind has no excuse what-so-ever.

If it isn't done tomorrow I'll probably rage.

/rant

Well ended up speaking with the General Manager of the dealership. I explained I was most dissatisfied with the communication from service regarding my car. He gathered some info and went on to tell me that there were various "parts delays" that slowed things down. Once again, I work in the same industry and know that "parts delays" usually just means "we aren't working as quickly as we should be."

He said that he was "hoping" the car would be done tomorrow but there was no guarantee. I was promised a phone call tonight and tomorrow morning to let me know how its going, but we will see about that.

So I got the car on this past Thursday, and all seems.....ok. I checked the oil level today and its down some, it sits about 2/3 between L and F. But I'm wondering if it just wasn't topped off all the way. The other thing is I noticed they damaged a few fins on the IC. I'm going to watch the oil level over the next few days.

Also the dealership stuck me with 5 days of the rental bill, which wasn't supposed to happen. So they'll be getting a call tomorrow as soon as they open.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12