popping noise with loss of pwr and hesitation

This is a discussion on popping noise with loss of pwr and hesitation within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can someone please help where i live the shops wont work on turbo's. I have a 03 automatic and i ...

popping noise with loss of pwr and hesitation

Can someone please help where i live the shops wont work on turbo's. I have a 03 automatic and i did some up grade's to her then had her tuned on a dyno. Everything was great...then one of my injectors started leaking so i took it out cleaned the oring and put it back it stoped the small leak. But now when I try to give it a lot of gas of the start she hesitate's then goes if i stay in it she will pop 3 to 4 times at higher rpm's then continue.she is drinking the gas and it seems like something is holding her back a little from full power. I'm at a loss thank you shawn

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...-question.html

Make sure you re installed the injector right. Need more information. Do you have a boost gauge? Is the CEL on?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Yes i have a gauge and no its not my boost was 23 pounds and now its at 19 at idle

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shawns View Post
    Yes i have a gauge and no its not my boost was 23 pounds and now its at 19 at idle
    You are not making any sense. Try using complete sentences and read the link I posted.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Sorry i asked my son to reply.yes there is a after market boost gauge. One of the times it was popping the check engine light was flashing so i let off the gas and coasted for a little bit the light stoped flashing and has not been on since. I went home and pluged my scanner in and no codes came up. Thank you for yur time

I Support ClubWRX
    Need to know the mods done to the car,like stated in the link. So was your son saying the car was boosting up to 23psi and reads 19 inHg at idle? Flashing CEL is a "gross/catastrophic misfire".
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Good Morning the upgrades are Deatschwerks top feed fuel injectors 565cc. Deatschwerks 255 Lph in tank fuel pump with legacy set up kit. The turbo is a big 16g by (Godspeed). The front mount intercooler is also by (Godspeed) The all aluminum radiator is by (Cx racing) three inch exhaust from the turbo back. Then i took the car to (Beyond redline performance center) in Green bay wi, They tuned it on the dyno im at 23 psi. Everything was great a month later the front driver side injector had a small leak.(started running chopy about a week before so i thought that was the problem) took the injector out wiped off the o-ring and put it back it stoped leaking then the popping started at high rpm`s. The flashing light blinked 4 or 5 times that was it never came back on and no codes come up.The poping only happend a couple of times. Thank you for your time i will do or try anything you can come up with.Is there any way the timing could have jumped?????

I will check back every hour so you dont have to wait if you need more info.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would double check the injector connection. If that good then would check the sparkplugs and do a compression test on the motor as well as a boost leak test.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S