Check engine light , CD changer not working and other strange happenings
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Check engine light , CD changer not working and other strange happenings within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys , I'm having a problem with my car and it's completely beyond me so I thought that I ...

Check engine light , CD changer not working and other strange happenings

Hey guys , I'm having a problem with my car and it's completely beyond me so I thought that I would check here to see if anyone has ever had this problem or could give me some advice. Anyway... Last night I went to start my car to head home and my check engine light was on so I immediately went and grabbed a scan tool to see if I could pin point the problem it showed two codes one I already knew about and is emissions related so I didn't think of it as being a big deal, the second code was for a misfire in cylinder one so my first thought was either plugs or plug wires after disconnecting the scan tool my radio stopped working and a few different lights on the dash started coming on and off. I've checked all my fuses and apparently they are all good And I disconnected my battery to reset everything And when I reconnected the battery the CEL is off but the car is still behaving horribly and lights are intermittently coming on and going off... Has anyone ever experienced this ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.