anyone want to shed some light on two questions of mine? (turbo,etc.)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on anyone want to shed some light on two questions of mine? (turbo,etc.) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so a few days ago after driving my 2004 wrx about 25 miles i smelled something odd. I cant really ...

JRS

anyone want to shed some light on two questions of mine? (turbo,etc.)

so a few days ago after driving my 2004 wrx about 25 miles i smelled something odd. I cant really put my finger on the smell its awful though. After popping the hood i saw very FAINT whitish smoke coming from the area in between my turbo/exhaust and my car fender well. Its to faint to determine where its exactaly coming from and i cant tell if its a oil or something electrial smell. what do you guys think, turbo seal oil?

question 2
    theres a rattling from my driver side rear tire on bumps. it doesnt go away after pressing brakes. struts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

White smoke is coolant. Maybe your turbo coolant feed is leaking. Have you noticed any loss of coolant in your car?

How many miles on your turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JRS View Post
    so a few days ago after driving my 2004 wrx about 25 miles i smelled something odd. I cant really put my finger on the smell its awful though. After popping the hood i saw very FAINT whitish smoke coming from the area in between my turbo/exhaust and my car fender well. Its to faint to determine where its exactaly coming from and i cant tell if its a oil or something electrial smell. what do you guys think, turbo seal oil?
    Get under the car and look around. If it was a turbo seal generally the smoke would be coming out the tailpipe and not the turbo. Sounds like you have some grease or something on your exhaust that is burning off.

Quote Originally Posted by JRS View Post
    question 2
    theres a rattling from my driver side rear tire on bumps. it doesnt go away after pressing brakes. struts?
    Pull the tire and look. The problem solving part of this is going to require more than just you starting a thread on the forum. Both of your problem are going to require you jacking the car up and having a look around.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.