04' Wrx Won't start after a clutch change !

This is a discussion on 04' Wrx Won't start after a clutch change ! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello Everyone ! My friend just bought a 04' Wrx, The clutch was totally worn out so we decided to ...

04' Wrx Won't start after a clutch change !

Hello Everyone !

My friend just bought a 04' Wrx, The clutch was totally worn out so we decided to have it changed by a friend at a garage( Not a professional, so no invoice etc..), the problem is that, After the new clutch installed, The car doesn't start anymore, We can hear the engine turning with the starter, but it just doesn't fire ! The car didn't have any problem prior this, and the car came to the garage by the road, with a friend driving it ! So the problem really appeared after the clutch change !

Here are differents informations :

1. They did the job on a car lift
    2. They didn't disconnect the battery
    3. When they try to start the car, the little key shaped light is flashing on the speedo,
    4. Fuel is arriving, and ignition seems to work also !
    5. Subaru dealer won't take the car because it's lightlty modified

I will post a video a little bit later ..

Many persons told us it could be the neutral safety switch that could have been damaged, but except this, nobody really knows what the problem could be .

It would be really great if you guys could give us an helping hand since it's been almost 2 weeks that the car didn't start, and we are a little bit desperate

Thanks very much for reading, sorry If I have made some English mistakes, I'm from France and I'm doing my best

Sylvain

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here is a bad quality video, but you can hear the engine ! ( I filmed my own screen because the video is in " private " on my friend's facebook .... )

No ideas guys ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Reset the ECU. Check and make sure all the grounds are hooked up in the engine bay and that all the sensors are hooked up to the tranny.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think your on the wrong trail. The flashing light sounds like it is the security system (can't recall if mine is a "key", but it flashes on the speedo with the car off). You have to figure out how to turn that off.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Thanks for your answers, we will try an ECU reset tomorrow, it may be an immobilizer or the factory alarme messing with us I have seen some informations about disabling the alarm, ( unlocking the doors, opening the drivers door manually, then holding the unlock button on the remote for few seconds) if you do have any tips about the immobilizer, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks very much for your help !

Still doesn't start, it's getting annoying

Neutral safety sensor has been changed, we tried different things like the ECU reset, but nothing changed ..

Problem solved .... The f***ing mechanics who did the clutch change, wanted to adjust the different level of the car without telling it, he filled the whole engine with coolant ... The have been searching for the problem for weeks and didn't even pulled the oil dipstick . I've only seen the car 5 minutes and found the problem, Honestly this is a whole new level of retards, The engine is dead by the way, seems like he didn't like staying months with 7 liters of coolant in it, with multiple start tentative....