02 wrx flashing check engine light

This is a discussion on 02 wrx flashing check engine light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought this Subie it has 128000 and I can figure exact what's going on with and hoping someone ...

02 wrx flashing check engine light

I just bought this Subie it has 128000 and I can figure exact what's going on with and hoping someone May have had the same problem. Ok so I have this very loud ticking noise on the driver side that will come and go, and as far as I can tell so far it's not affected by anything (load tempature rpm) and now twice when going up a hill before I down shift the check engine light will come on and start blinking until I left off the gas or until I down shift.

Any advise?
    Thanks edman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hi. Welcome.

The first thing you'll want to do is get the code read and report back here with the specific code. It can be read by any of your local auto parts store or if you have an obdII scanner

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Hi. Welcome.

The first thing you'll want to do is get the code read and report back here with the specific code. It can be read by any of your local auto parts store or if you have an obdII scanner
    I have a Cobb tuner, and checked there wasn't any code history.

I Support ClubWRX
    Are the test connectors correctly disconnected?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Are the test connectors correctly disconnected?
    What do you mean, are the test connectors correctly disconnected?

I Support ClubWRX
    The test connectors should not be connected. If they were connected (usually an owner sees two connectors under the dash, thinks "oops, I need to connect these!") then the check engine light will flash.

If you've not messed with connectors under the dash, ignore the question and continue trying to find an error code.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.