Radiator Cracked While Driving?

This is a discussion on Radiator Cracked While Driving? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so Im just cruzin along heading home not even driving the car hard and was at pretty low RPMS ...

Radiator Cracked While Driving?

Ok so Im just cruzin along heading home not even driving the car hard and was at pretty low RPMS cruzin down the road and out of no where I hear the sound of a belt whining/slippingish and start to notice the smell of coolant along with a little smoke coming from my hood so I pull over.. And lift the hood to find that my Radiator has a little line crack about 2-3inchs long right on top right under where the top hose connects to the Radiator Im guessing this happened because its just old/weather/old? Because I didin hit anything and nothing (tools) has made contact with it hard enuff to crack it.. So Just crap luck or something else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The radiators are known to fail in that matter.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.