Exhaust help

This is a discussion on Exhaust help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I currently have a 3" tanabe concept g exhaust which is completely catless on my 2010 wrx and today ...

Exhaust help

So I currently have a 3" tanabe concept g exhaust which is completely catless on my 2010 wrx and today (being an idiot) thought I wanted to straight pipe so I could be louder and cut my muffler off and put two pipes in their place and left the resonator in. I realized that it was stupid and am going to put my muffler back on, what I want to know is if I put on my muffler and take the resonator out will it make my car louder and raspier or just raspier. If I could get an answer ASAP that would be great, thanks.
    Using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Both. A resonater is essentially a muffler. Usually they cut out the rasp while mufflers cut out the painfull long sound waves and rasp as well....in laymans terms. I would not advise cutting up an exhaust that expensive lol.

Yeah i know I screwed up I'm welding it back on and might be taking the resonator out but I wanna make sure I like it first
    Using Tapatalk

dont take the resonator out on a tanabe exhaust
    it is there for a reason and it will sound like ****