Need help IDing a part on the intercooler

This is a discussion on Need help IDing a part on the intercooler within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought an 02 wrx and it doesnt have this part that is circled what is it? Photo...

Need help IDing a part on the intercooler

I just bought an 02 wrx and it doesnt have this part that is circled what is it?
    Photo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6a00d834a3795169e200e54f642f5f8834-800wi.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There is nothing missing from the car pictured. If that's your car, it's fine. Otherwise you're missing an IC bracket. As a wrecker or dealer.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

its not my car, im missing the thing the bracket is connected to.

The heatshield?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

What should be underneath the heatshield?

A turbo
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

LMAO at this thread There is sooo much misunderstanding going on its like a episode of The Office ha.. That bracket in the picture shown is NOT connected to anything either! It is floating about 2-3 inchs above the heat shield witch is for the turbo which of course was stated many times already lol.. It just appears like its connected to whats under it because of the way the person took that picture ha.. I woke up this morning and saw this post and was like I gotta go see what this guys talking about cause I just bought a 02 wrx a week ago too... And its the same in my wrx that bracket is not connected but floating over that metal which appears to be a part that something should mount to but its really just a thin piece of metal covering the turbo.. hope this helps this huge misunderstanding ha

The metal bracket that floats over the turbo is in fact for the heat shield to connect too....but i see what you're talking about. That thin piece that comes off the intercooler mount.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide