Brand new car tuning?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Brand new car tuning? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey I wanted to know if it's safe to tune and put bolt ons on my soon to be new ...

Brand new car tuning?

Hey I wanted to know if it's safe to tune and put bolt ons on my soon to be new car. I ordered the 2015 sti and just waiting for it to get here but I would like to know if I should wait until the first oil change then do all of the bolt ons and tune?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm no expert on the matter but if I were you, I would definitely wait a few thousand miles before doing anything so you can break in the engine a bit. At the very least, drive it around stock for a while just to make sure you don't have any warranty problems right off the bat. That's just me though.

I went stage 2 with all supporting mods before my first oil change

MTM
    STI is still an EJ25 so not like its anything new engine wise....

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

You should wait until at least your break in period is over for engine modifications. If you are really itching to start modding, you could start with bushings and what not right off the bat, but if it were me I would want to wait at LEAST until I hit engine break in just in case the engine was a lemon. That way you can be sure to get it covered under warranty and they won't blame the mods on it. Break in doesn't take too long if you don't want it to.

What color/trim did you go with? Excited to see pictures once you get it!

Enjoy it stock for as long as possible because once you start modding it....well....its hard to stop.I love my modded wrx but I sure do miss it in stock form as well. I assume subaru will have SPT parts for it if you want to go that route for the time being.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Thanks guys think I'll wait. But I'm going with the black base model just added the keyless start, navigation and the audio system.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I'd wait. Get to know the car, it's characteristics, then upgrade where you feel the need. Also, the point about it being a possible lemon and waiting to mod is a good idea.

Plus, what if you end up not liking the car in several months to a year?

I have one last questions guys. I really want a blow off valve but people been saying it's not good for the car etc. is that true?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I don't see any reason to wait.. other than if you're worried about encountering a manufacturing defect and want to be sure not to have warranty issues.

If I bought a new WRX/STi, I would want to get a proper tune on it the first day of ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbhattan View Post
    I have one last questions guys. I really want a blow off valve but people been saying it's not good for the car etc. is that true?
    "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Hi and Welcome!

Take a step back and do all the research you can to find out exactly what you want to do with your car. Learn how to drive it. What it likes. What it doesn't like. Also what you do and do not like about it as well. Then start looking into what you want to change. You haven't even driven this car yet let alone got the feel for what it is truly capable of. And believe me, you will be very impressed. I bought my 2011 September and it is still completely stock at this point, in terms of performance. I have been doing nothing but researching all I could about the car, what to mod, what not to mod, what I want to do first, etc. and I am nowhere even close to knowing all there is to know about this vehicle. And believe me my research has been consuming my life since late September.

In short, don't jump the gun here. That's how serious, costly, and potentially catastrophic mistakes are made. Learn all you can, the 2015's are going to be a whole new animal compared to the previous generations and there likely will not be anything available to mod on these cars for a good 6 months or maybe more (Don't hold me to that).
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by Jbhattan View Post
    Hey I wanted to know if it's safe to tune and put bolt ons on my soon to be new car. I ordered the 2015 sti and just waiting for it to get here but I would like to know if I should wait until the first oil change then do all of the bolt ons and tune?
    Assuming there's aftermarket support already available for it that is...

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    STI is still an EJ25 so not like its anything new engine wise....
    But the entire chassis is different which means the exhaust will be routed differently...downpipe will probably be different as well. On top of the fact that the ECU will more than likely be different as well...TMIC might be different as well since the hood and scoop are different than the last generation...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

In for photos !

Is the performance for 2015 the same as 2014 ? 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc.

The hp is still 305. Just wondering if the weight is the same and if the transmission is the same.

Registered User chrismartin3391's Avatar
    Curious.. What would you say break in would be? I just hit 1k on my 2014. I havnet taken it over 4500k rpm yet but cannot wait to do so..
    RIP Paul. You will be missed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast