07 WRX burning oil??

This is a discussion on 07 WRX burning oil?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; alright bought the car in decemeber and checked the oil when i purchased then about 3 weeks later oil light ...

07 WRX burning oil??

alright bought the car in decemeber and checked the oil when i purchased then about 3 weeks later oil light came on... and now about another month later it came on again.... i have looked for leaks and can't find anything.... anyone have suggestions on problems??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the light coming on due to low oil or lie pressure?

Let me rephrase: Why would the light ever come on due to low oil? The oil should be checked routinely.

How often do you check the oil? How much is your consumption per 1000 miles? Or, per drain interval -- but specify the length of the interval?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

low oil... just replaced the oil again after another month it seems to burn through about 2.5 quarts... when i drain the oil each time you can tell that there is hardly half of what i put in there to begin with