bad fuel two week ago. confirmed diesel mixed into 91. dammit
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on bad fuel two week ago. confirmed diesel mixed into 91. dammit within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so three weeks back a delivery driver f$#@^% up at a local gas station and dumped low sulphur into the ...

bad fuel two week ago. confirmed diesel mixed into 91. dammit

so three weeks back a delivery driver f$#@^% up at a local gas station and dumped low sulphur into the unleaded tanks. I just about burned it off but today with the weather dipping into the -30s my car is showing it doesn't like it. backfires on shutdown, flashing cel(I didn't have torque up and missed pulling the code, but it happened right after a fit of misfires) im quite sure its just the last of the crap burning off. ideas on how to finish cleaning it out?
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Fuel system cleaner or engine de-gunker + a good batch of *real gas. I don't know lol. I wonder how often the wrong fuel is delivered to the wrong place or dumped into the wrong tank. I would think that to be a fireable offense.

what gets me is the smell......rotten eggs so bad every time it backfires!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

alrighty. 3m total fuel cleaner and a tank of 91 from the Other store. couple of full throttle pulls on deserted highways. only 4500rpm shifts though but full throttle none the less to get the turbo pushing and the motor breathing a bit.

someone told me that when a subaru stinks from the exaust pipe (like mine was, terrible rotten egg/sulphur) that the converters were dumping the buildup of junk off of them. i havent done a search yet because with the cleaner and the fun driving the smell and the terrible idling has all but left. it still runs a little rough at idle when its completly warm. im giving thoughts to swapping plugs just because ive nearly put 20,000 miles on the car since i bought it. and 19k on the irridiums i installed.

even weirder is the fact that when the cel lit, and it did alot, it was always p0301, 302, 303, 304. misfire on 1-4. never a p0300, multiple cylinder misfire. and during that time was when the car was running like junk. im just glad all the checking ive done hasnt turned up a bad head gasket lol
    Rob

You have the receipt from the gas ?

I Support ClubWRX
    I think if this causes any sort of serious issues, then you should be able to bring it up with the gas station from which you received the mixed up fuel at. As they are single handedly responsible for the problem. I would be very unhappy in your situation. I really don't know what to suggest either. Maybe after a few tanks of some high octane and full throttle driving it should burn out most of the residue that is in the cylinders. as for the fuel lines, I'm not sure. Maybe some injector cleaner additive (i don't normally like that stuff but in this scenario I would consider trying it) and possibly a full tuneup mainly for the new spark plugs. Either way, the best of luck to you as I would not want to be in your feet.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

The company the fuel delivery driver works for is handling the insurance themselves. Several claims already handled and a bunch of pickups(so far all diesel. They seem to dislike gas more than the gas cars dislike diesel) we have receipts, the gas station has video of all the people that pumped that day before they realised the problem and shut down. The gas station is working on a class action suit I believe because they are, for the minute, the only station in town that handles heavy semis in any kind of quantity. Their rep is blown now cause of this I'm sure. Si far all I have to claim is a set of platinum plugs and a bottle of 3m fuel cleaner. But I'm going along with it for the ride. Maybe it will turn out I'll get some deep engine inspections done by a dealer or a dealer level fuel system clean. So far so good
    Rob

Good luck - hope it all gets resolved

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.